Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Quilt retreat and Fabric Tuesday...

This last weekend I went to a quilt retreat hosted from Emily of Crazy Old Ladies quilts. It was about 30 ladies in a giant cabin about 1 hour away from my house. It was so much fun! I definitely want to fit more retreats in my future.



This is the view from the back patio. Seriously, I know.  Beautiful!


Amber showing off her cute finish (we all showed off in this manner). Amber from A little bit biased. Amy from Diary of a Quilter and I shared a bedroom and sewing table. Kathleen from Quilt My Phone was also at our sewing table, it was great to meet her as well. We had a lot of laughter, and a few tears as well. (Because that is what sleep deprived girls do right?)


I worked on some of my granny squares, aren't they getting cute?


Also tons of these little stars. I love them with all my heart. It will be for Sophie and Addie's rooms. 

and my finish...

I am the pink and purple giant star, and Marion from my quilt diet, (the crazy lady who created over 65 quilts in her first year of quilting). Marion was one funny gal! (more on the star quilts later...)

Anyhow, I had a ton of fun, what did you create this week?



Photobucket



13 comments:

FabricFascination said...

It looks like you had a fun retreat and came home with some lovely blocks.

Lynette said...

Oh my gosh! That was so much fun.

Dee said...

So green with envy, Pantone wants to feature me this year!

Your Grannies and Stars are such beautiful blocks! Love the softness and girliness of it all!

Pomegranate Quilts said...

That looks like an exclusive kind of retreat to me: sew-ists with exquisite taste only! Beautiful work. Thanks for sharing!

Teje Karjalainen said...

I'm so happy to hear that you met your quilting friends and had so much fun! That place looks fantastic! x Teje

Unknown said...

You are the best, Heather :) Lets sew some more :)

Polly @ Pieces by Polly said...

Looks like so much fun! I'd love to go to a quilting retreat. Today the ladies in our little town are having a quilting day to make quilts for the children's hospital...so for now I'll have to settle for that. ;)

Gigi's Thimble said...

You've got more pictures than me, Heather. I had a blast with you!

See you soon!
Amber

Sew Nomadic said...

How fun and productive!!! Looks like you had a great time! And that view...simply gorgeous. What a great get away, thanks for sharing.

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

What a gorgeous place to be. I know you had a blast!

Jackie's Stitches said...

The quilts are gorgeous but that top picture is just breathtaking!

Sara said...

Gosh I know that was a fun time!! Love all your progress blocks!!

ดูหนังออนไลน์ฟรี said...

ดูหนังออนไลน์ This is the perfection of sewing right, it's very useful.