Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, June 27, 2014

Picnic Worthy Patchwork from Robot Mom Sews

We love Kim from Robot Mom Sews...she's awesome in person and on her blog! :)  She creates the sweetest little quilts that I want to sneak away from her :) Today we're featuring a couple of her new Picnic Quilts.  Make sure to stop by her blog, see some of her finished quilts and tutorials.  Thanks Kim!!


I recently bought up some Country Girls fabric and mixed in a little bit of April Showers.  Just because.
The two play nice together.  I was able to make up 2 patchwork baby quilts using my FQ's I got and some blue Lakehouse polka-dot print.  YUMMY.


Before I got my Babylock, I was sewing on a Brother Innovis.  This was my 'transitioning' machine.  She worked really well, for what I needed, until I wanted to go big time.  Haha - well big time in my mind.
My Brother (Penelope) did not enjoy straight line quilting.  She would cause puckers everywhere and this would give me major anxiety...which led to me hating straight line quilting.  Interestingly enough, she relished in the stipple.


I have been getting to know my Babylock, whom I have lovingly named Betty, after Betty Draper in Mad Men.  I named her after I saw Betty sitting at her kitchen table sewing one night with a cocktail by her side. This fits me perfectly, so Betty she is! ;)  That is where my similarities with Betty Draper end.  Moving on...

As I have been getting to know Betty, she LOVES to straight line quilt. NO Puckers!  NONE!  It's amazing. I read somewhere that your walking foot could be to tight, thus causing the puckers.  I never tried to fix it on my Brother, because at that point I was just annoyed and threw in the towel.  Well, I can happily say, I have retrieved the towel and am back to doing SLQ!


I quilted around the border, then cross-hatched the inside.  I ♥ cross-hatching.


 
This one I used the green duck walk print from Country Girls for the outer borders.  Aren't they so sweet?


And I echoed the patchwork lines.




These quilts are ready for a picnic!  Let's go!

Photobucket

5 comments:

Daytona Damsel said...

So cute. I hated the Brother I had. I finally ended up returning it for a refund. I mostly do straight line quilting too and the cheap little confidence quilter by Singer works great for me, a beginner. I have recently learned hand quilting. Much more relaxing for someone who has always hated sewing because of sewing machines.

RobotMomSews said...

Thanks so much my QS friends! ♥ you guys! ;)

Lucy | Charm About You said...

The two lines do mix really well, very pretty! I love the name Betty too!

Patch the Giraffe said...

Awesome two quilts :). Glad to hear you have embraced the straight line quilting and new options have opened up for you ... how exciting!

ดูหนังออนไลน์ฟรี said...

This information is useful to seamstresses. or someone who likes to sewดูหนังออนไลน์