Thursday, October 30, 2014

Scrappy Star Quilt from Quilting In the Cold

Love the scrappy look of this star quilt from Quilting in the Cold!  I love a good low volume background too!!  I also love the use of all the colors.  Check out Quilting in the Cold for lots of quilty goodness, I love this mini from a little while back and you have to see her latest post!!!!  Thanks for sharing!!

PS If you have a quilt you'd like featured send us an email at with a link to the quilt!  Please put SUBMISSION in the subject field.

I really enjoyed putting this one together, particularly playing with the low volume charms. I also think I am finally getting the hang of half square triangles and even trimming them was not too bad!

I decided not to sash between the stars, primarily because I had no idea what to sash them with. But I am pleased with how they have turned out.

I finished my scrappy star quilt last week and am really pleased with how it has turned out.

I pushed myself out of my comfort zone for the quilting and did some bubbles. Lets just say they are organic! They do give a lovely texture though.

I bound it with fabric left over from the stars. It truly is a scrappy quilt! It is now headed off to my sister for Christmas.



Krolowa Margo said...

A beautiful quilt. I started just the same pattern :)
greetings :)

Daytona Damsel said...

I love the bubble quilting. Gives it a lot of texture.

Lara B. said...

I too adore that low volume background with the bright stars against it!

Judy said...

It is a beautiful quilt! So much work went into it, I imagine. The quilting is great!

Carla said...

Love! It's gorgeous

Pam L said...

I love this quilt! Going to try one of my own. Just started quilting and have one under my belt. Thanks for sharing!

pinewood said...

I love your quilt ! Great blend of color in the stars.