Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Bright Fresh flower quilt from Nicole....

Nicole from Keepin' The Castle made up this darling little quilt. Make sure to check out her blog to see what else she has been up to...

So there I was blog hopping (which is where I get the majority of my inspiration for quilts - google.com's images!) And I won't lie I should have been doing the dishes about an hour earlier but "once you [start], the fun don't stop!"


Back up: I have tried to make a quilt for all of my friends for their first child. And baby number 256 (over exaggeration) was well on the way. I came upon this beautiful tutorial from Piece N' Quilt on Moda Bake Shop's blog. "It was perfect but man, who gives a queen at a baby shower," I thought. And the level of procrastination had already mounted to set me up for disaster. But I was addicted to the "I'm blushing" pattern. I had to do it. So I went to Jo-Anns and picked out perfect colors and prints and went to town on my baby version on the pattern!


The piecing only took me an hour but figuring out the measurements from just the pictures on line took me FOR-EVER! Every quilt you learn a lesson. This quilt taught me many.

A - don't procrastinate (Oh wait, I learn that every quilt)

B - Jo-Anns has fabric just as cool!

C - When in doubt just sew it together and give it a whirl and

D - My new best friend is Elmer's Adhesive


Check out my post here and enjoy! I hope baby H enjoys my little treasure!


Nicole from Keepin' The Castle

Thanks so much Nicole!  And remember, our giveaway is still going on for FIVE FREE patterns and a stack of fat quarters!  You have until Friday May 28th to comment, follow and submit.  Check out this post and make sure to enter!

5 comments:

Carla said...

I think we all have a bit of procrastination in our blood. Especially when it come to house work.

I have been wanting to try this quilt pattern out. It's so cute and perfect for a baby's gift. You did an awesome job on it. I would have to agree, Jo Anns has cool fabrics and they go on sale too!

Heather said...

I think this is beautiful. THanks for the feature, you have great stuff!

Quiltstory said...

love the bright flowers and fabrics. Nice work.

Megan said...

Love the colors, looks so cute, and great quilt for a baby. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

This a great idea and I look forward to reading other stories too.
Munaiba