Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, July 9, 2010

Sew Fresh Fabrics adorable house quilts!

We came across Becca from Sew Fresh Fabrics through the Blogger's Quilt Festival.  And when you see these quilts you'll know why we had to ask for a feature!  We've been seeing these house blocks popping up all over the place online and they are just too cute!  Let me emphasize that there are two separate quilts posted below...Becca is part of an couple of online bees and used their blocks and her own to create these funky whimsical quilts!  (Be sure to click on the bee's links and see all their blocks.)

These quilts are the result of two online bees I am in and will soon be living on my 7yr old's bunks. For the first group- Hip To Bee Square- I sent out an assortment of fabrics and asked for blocks any size and any design- sewer's choice.  
For the second group- Bee Addicted 3- I sent out similar fabrics and asked for houses- again any type - any size. The blocks I received back were just amazing!! So bright and fun and amazingly inspired! (Thank you all!). I knew I wanted to mix them together to get 2 quilts out of them - and here they are.



It's a virtual I-Spy of characters and creatures and where they live. There's a mushroom house, a light house and a kooky witch hat house.
The process of putting them together was so like a puzzle- adding strips and blocks where needed to make them work together as a unit. Then I added a cobblestone border and lots of little blocks around that. One is finished, washed, and on the bed. The other still needs the binding sewn to the back and a spin through the washer and dryer for that soft crinkly goodness. I love these and even more so because the blocks were made by many women around the globe!!

Thank you so much for sharing!  Becca and Peg (from Ivy Arts) share this blog together and have an Etsy shop where they sell to die for fabric, check it out!

Also, check out our Fresh Poppy Blog and help me decide which quilt block I should use for my next quilt!  I haven't done a traditionally pieced quilt before so I am trying to decide the block and layout, come help me!

Linking at amylouwho

17 comments:

Carla said...

Wow that is an amazing and lovely quilt! I love all the details in each block. I can look at if for hours. Very cool!

mamammelloves said...

So cute! I love the little houses! :)

Live a Colorful Life said...

Adorable. So much to look at. What a super fun quilt!

Larri said...

I can't even wrap my head around how you would sew all of this! It's amazing! Thanks for sharing. Happy Sewing! :o)

Paulette said...

Very cute and fun quilt! Boy, there's a lot of talented quilters out there, judging by the looks of those amazing house blocks!

QuilterMary said...

Too too cute!

Nina Lise@Mrs Moen said...

Love both the quilts, so bright and fun!

Anonymous said...

Truly a work of art! I just love all the detail. You did an awesome job!

Miri said...

Lovely! These are just beautiful...absolutely bright and cheerful!

SewSara said...

seriously?! woah those are TOO cute. I love them sooooooooo much. great job and thanks for sharing! love your etsy shop too ... i'll mark ya as a favorite! :)

Michelle said...

Adorable!

Andrea said...

Oh my Gosh ,I could look at these all day. They are so fantastic. I love them. Oh if only I could quilt.

Kristie said...

Such amazing detail! I love how you made these random blocks look like they were always meant to be that way. And your borders are a treat as well! Great job!

Karen said...

Those quilts are D.Y.N.A.M.I.T.E!!!

Dayna said...

Wow! These are "a-maaaaaaa-ziiiing"! (In my sing-song voice.)

Quiltpiecer said...

This is an amazing quilt! Absolutely wonderful!

becky @ becky ann designs said...

Gorgeous! My favorite is the barn in the upper left hand corner of the first quilt.