Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, August 19, 2011

Cluck Cluck Sew's newest finish!

You most certainly have been to see Alison of Cluck Cluck Sew...and if not you are missing out!  Her blog is truly inspirational, has taught me a lot and gets me excited!  We got to meet Alison at market and she is ridiculously nice and sweet.  She has fabulous tutorials, my favorite is her Raw Edge Circle Quilt.  Her amazing patterns can be found here as well.  Here is her newest pattern:

IMG_9023
This quilt has been a favorite on our couch for a month now (unbound!) and I just keep forgetting to take a picture of it….so this will have to do.  I made this quilt for my boys because my chain reaction quilt was looking pretty worn….and Ben requested a "soft" quilt.  So soft it is, with a bright blue minkee on the back (bought locally).
IMG_9030
I sent this quilt to Christina for quilting.   I’m sure she was cursing my name during the process as it took some trial and error to get the set up right….but I sure love the quilting.
IMG_9032
I used some random fabrics and bright solids for this one.  I wanted it to have a playful, summery, boy look without being baby-ish.   
For those of you that asked and are waiting… I finished up the Bizzy Kid pattern. It’s only available in a PDF right now…and fyi…it’s a big file, 12 pages, and includes instructions for the kid size (48" x 60") or a twin size (60" x 80").

You can find the pattern here.

Also for those of you that asked, the solids in this are Kona Cottons in Chartreuse, Coral, School bus, and of course White. I have fabric ordered for a twin size version of this quilt for my son’s bed…a not so brightversion. :)



If you're doing some online fabric shopping this weekend, stop by Sew Obsessed, they've got some great free shipping deals for you!
Photobucket

11 comments:

Nicky said...

You got the playful, summery, boy look just spot on! Fun quilt and love those solids - chartreuse my favourite!

Go-Go Kim said...

That is spot on fabulous for boys!!!!! This girl likes it too :o) Just perfect!!!!!

Canadian Abroad said...

Love, love, love the colours. It is one of those quilts that just calls to you to snuggle under.

Teje Karjalainen said...

Hello! Thank you, just what I needed! I have been trying to plan simple but not too simple quilt and here it is! I just love this and the colours are great!
xxx Teje

Splendorfalls said...

I just made a quilt with this pattern and it is so fun to do and really good instruction! LOVE it!

www.randomthoughtsdoordi.com said...

beautiful!

Jill S. said...

I just finished this quilt! It is super duper cute! Pictures will be up on my blog on Wednesday 8/24.
madebymissjill.blogspot.com

Michelle said...

Great quilt! Love the pattern and the fabrics. Its so bright and fun.

Andrea said...

beautiful colors, I like quilting

life in red shoes said...

DING DING DING...We have a winner!

Suburban Stitcher said...

love the quilt...and i love her site too. so many fun and inspirational things.