Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, June 18, 2012

Charm Pack Quilt from Katie Mae Quilts


Last week was busy for Heather and I.  Heather was on vacation with her family and I was hosting our mom, dad, a niece and nephew!  Phew!  Sorry for not getting the winner of the Skye Reve Fabrics $25 giveaway as promised.  Drumroll....


Kirsten N said...
I like the Secret Garden bundles - the blues are so lovely.
Congrats Kirsten!!  It's always fun to see familiar readers win. Send us an email and we'll get you your prize!!  Now for the feature...

Sweet and simple quilt today from Kate of Katie Mae Quilts, a quilt that she made from a QAL.  I love the colors, so sweet, perfect for a girly :)  Kate is a mom, wife to a military man and has two cats, as she describes one annoying and one fat! :)  She's got a great list of her finishes and soon to be finishes...see her Tops Waiting to be Quilted, Finishes 2008-10, Finishes 2011 and Finishes 2012 for some great eye candy!

I don't have a song title name for it yet, but I'm taking suggestions.
It was started over the summer (with the actual quilt along) but obviously wasn't a priority until I made it one.
I wanted to avoid the bulky seams, so I quilted straight lines in the white. It's bound with rick rack (so fast and easy!)
 It's 70x70", made with Deb Strain's Love U and white Kona.
The wind didn't think I should take a flat picture of the back. It's lemon Kona and that random yard of Love U.
And now it's off to my niece, who instantly declared anything pink and butterflies as hers.


Photobucket

8 comments:

Debbie said...

Always fun to see my buddies win/featured. Love quilt!

Catskill Quilter said...

I love the straight line quilting in rectangles~!

Cherie said...

That's a great quilt I like the dynamic pattern =D

Sarah Craig said...

So beautiful - and I just finished my quilt by the same pattern, too! It must be the time of year....

Kirsten said...

Wow, thank you so much - I love Katies quilt too.

cinzia said...

love the ric-rac detail and the yellow back!

Anonymous said...

Lemon Tree very pretty, and the lemon flowers are sweet! LOL, very pretty quilt!

Julie said...

I love the rick rack binding! I'll have to try that!