Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, September 10, 2012

Gingham Geese Quilt from The Life of Riley


Another fabulous finish to share from Rachel of The Life of Riley.  A sweet modern flying geese quilt! I myself just finished a flying geese quilt top...such a great block you can do so much with.  Rachel's a lot like us and probably many of you...stay at home mommy of four little ones, likes to cook, sew, craft!  My kinda girl :)  Check out her great tutorials and finishes from this year.

 This quilt ended up with Three names!
 Mr. Riley dubbed it The Mario Kart Quilt - because in the game you drive over arrows to speed you up.
 I dubbed it the Bubble Wrap quilt after all the circles were quilted in.
 Officially I think I would call it Gingham Geese.
 It went to my sister, who just turned Thirty!  I figured there was no way a mostly white quilt would survive long in this house.
 It is backed with a woven turquoise gingham.  Nice and soft!  Bound in a solid magenta.  Final measurements: 49" x 69" (I think.  I wrote it down, but of course now I can't find it! Grr!)  Anyway, its a good couch snuggling size.  Not quite twin.

A huge Thank You to Elizabeth at Occasional Piece-Quilt - who sent me the gingham and got me going! 
Photobucket

7 comments:

web design Bangalore said...

web designers bangalore

Kelli Fannin Quilts said...

That turned out so cute. Love how clean it looks with the white background, and I love gingham! :)

Unknown said...

Nice bright binding! And I love your label! Do you always label your quilts? What a nice reminder of the work put into it for the person receiving it.

Cherie said...

Such a fun quilt. Wow that a lot of names, I like the 'Bubble wrap' =D

cinzia said...

Very nice! I LOVE the pebble quilting on this one!

Anonymous said...

Handy informations, good stuff and utility. For best and cheap manual Seo services, Web designings. Must check Web Design Bangalore

Sunder said...

Great Content & Thanks For Sharing With oflox. But Do You Know Why GoDaddy Hosting Is Bad