Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Simply Charmed Quilt Top and Fabric Tuesday

 Quilt top finish!
Finished Size: 36.5" x 45.5"

This simple and sweet quilt top is made of Hello Luscious charm packs and a few pieced blocks. 


The blocks didn't stick out as much as I'd hoped.  But I am smitten with the color palette, so pretty!



If you wanted to make your own I'll give you a quick tutorial!  It's really easy so don't be intimidated.  You'd need two charm packs OR seventy-one 5" x 5" squares.  I made one small pieced block (the star), so the finished size for that would also be 5" x 5".  You could make as many of these as you want, just subtract from the seventy-one for each that you make!  Next I made two pieced blocks to replace 4 smaller blocks.  The finished size of those blocks would need to be 9.5" x 9.5".  Piece together as seen below.


It's fun to dress up simple blocks with a few pieced ones.  Can't wait to quilt it!  I'll share when I do :)

Fabric Tuesday #103
click here to see more about Fabric Tuesday





14 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh I think your blocks stand out perfectly! I feel like this is a perfect little project for someone who might not be up to making a whole quilt's worth of blocks, but has some beautiful fabric to show off. Nice!

Cindy said...

I love that idea! I like that the pieced blocks don't jump out. When I looked at the photo, I noticed right away that it wasn't just squares. It made me look a little closer at the quilt. Love it!

Kristan said...

I love the idea of using a few pieced blocks like this. The colors look great together. Nicely done!

Jo said...

Those are really beautiful colours that you've chosen It looks gorgeous!

Kris from Duke Says Sew What said...

Beautiful! I love those colors and nice touch with the added blocks.

Celtic Thistle said...

Like the combination of charm squares and pieced blocks. Cute quilt.

karen @ badlandsquilts said...

Love the patchwork quilt with just a few blocks... I am so loving the less is more these days.

Cherie said...

A gorgeous quilt! The patchwork design never fails to looks impressive. A great addition with the two pieced blocks =D

Tessa @ TheSewingChick said...

Love it! The pieced blocks are just enough to make the charm squares more interesting. The colors in this collection are so pretty, too! Thanks for the link up :)

CathyK said...

Ooohhhhhh!!! I love it! Thank you for sharing!

QuiltNut Creations said...

Very cute! Thanx for sharing.

Barb Neiwert said...

That is a pretty combo of colors, and I do like the blocks scattered about. Something for me to keep in mind for future projects.

Shontelle said...

Gorgeous quilt. I love Hello Luscious. Thanks for hosting.

Jennifer Salter said...

I am in love with this idea of charm squares and randomly placed pieced squares! Its darling and is making my brain go into overdrive with ideas! Thanks for sharing!