Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Giant Princess Star Quilt...

I finished my Giant Star Quilt! 

At the Cabin retreat I just attended, Amy from Diary of a Quilter  made one of these Star Quilts. 

Marion from My Quilt Diet and I got jealous and decided we wanted to make one too...


At one of the activities at the retreat, I won this Michael Miller Princess fat quarter bundle!!! I immediately thought of my sweet five year old Sophie. I call her my Pip lately because she is itty bitty, my own pip squeak. She dresses up several times a day. She has been going nuts for this quilt. She keeps kissing it!


I did some new quilting. I bought Natalia Bonner's Beginner's Guide to free motion quilting. I attempted the swirls. I am super proud. It certainly isn't perfect, don't look to close. I am still really happy with it. I started quilting it too densely, but couldn't change my mind later. It took probably 6 hours to quilt it!


The Star quilt pattern tutorial came from In Color Order. She has the whole tutorial. Really easy and fun!


Heather and Marion's quilts at the retreat...

Marion from My Quilt Diet is a funny lady. She is known for being a speed quilter. She has made over 60 quilts in this last year! (No kidding!) I had all my triangles cut and Marion was helping me with my layout.  Marion decided she too wanted to make one and as we were both working we were teasing that is was a race. But let's be serious, I totally thought I would kill her because I had everything cut and laid out before she even started. Guess who won? Marion!!! By about 20 minutes! I still don't know how she did it, I didn't even pin anything!!!  She is a rockstar! Be sure to check out her Star Quilt today too...

Marions finish...

Love her circle quilting!  Fabulous!




Photobucket

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Your quilt turned out awesome!!!! I can just imagine how much your sweet girl loves it! You did an amazing job on your quilting! Way to go :) When can we sew again? I feel the need for a sew day :)

Karens Quilts, Crows and Cardinals said...

Heather -- the big star came out wonderfully -- and your quilting hit the mark! Marion's quilt is stunning as well -- but the swirls in your quilting are the best!! Keep up the good work and thanks for sharing that great tutorial.

Karen

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

Ooooo. My own Punk would love this! I think I will check out the tutorial and my stash and make one for her.

CathyK said...

Such a darling quilt for your princess! You did a fantastic job with the quilting!

Francine said...

A kiss from the baby is the best seal of approval!! Love the quilt!

amy smart said...

It turned out AWESOME!! I love it. And your quilting is amazing. I am seriously impressed. Mine? In a folded up pile somewhere, waiting for a back to get pieced...

Liana Sanjana said...

I've always wanted to join a monthly fabric club like this but I don't have the space for all that fabric! I don't use it fast enough lol

Tatkis said...

It looks so beautiful and elegant!

Hugs,
Tatyana

RobotMomSews said...

That sounds like so much fun!! And a little friendly competition sounds like a blast! I love them both! This has been on my 'to-do' list for a while..I need to get cracking on it! Thanks for the inspiration.

ดูหนังออนไลน์ฟรี said...

You did a very good blog, I will always follow you. ดูหนังออนไลน์