Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, March 25, 2013

Pezzy Churn Dash Quilt from Random Thoughts...


The multi talented Diane from Random thoughts...do or "di" made this "Pezzy Chrun Dash" quilt. How cute is this picnic quilt? I love the random solid blocks in the quilt. I am always to scared to do something like this, but I love seeing it, maybe I will try. Diane loves quilting, gardening, traveling, photography, cooking etc. My kind of gal. Be sure to check out her blog...


I have finished the Pezzy Churn Dash Quilt.
My fourth finish for the year!


I already admitted that I blatantly copied a few other talented ladies here.


This quilt was made with a Layer Cake of Pezzy Prints and White Kona Cotton.
I also added a few coordinating solids
to add to the fun of this quilt.
To say it was easy is an understatement.
To me, this quilt really packs a huge punch for the amount of work that went into it.


Using a walking foot,
I quilted it with straight lines on both sides 
of each vertical and horizontal seam
of each square.


I have a baby shower to go to this weekend.
They already have a little girl and don't know if they are having 
a boy or a girl this time.
Every family needs a picnic quilt.
So that's what they are getting from me.
Any excuse to give someone I love one of my quilts
gives me great pleasure.



Backed with grey gingham and bound with orange polka dots.
This quilt just makes me happy.

I really enjoyed making this quilt.
I have a Layer Cake of Mama Said Sew.
Maybe there is another Churn Dash Quilt in my future.






Quilt Stats
Name: Happy Picnic Quilt
Fabric: Layer Cake of Pezzy Prints and White Kona Cotton, with a few coordinating solids.
Backing: Grey Gingham by Riley Blake
Binding: Orange Polka Dot by Riley Blake
Quilted by: Me, with straight lines using a walking foot
Thread: Pieced with Aurifil 50 wt. white, Quilted with Auriful 40 wt. White 


Photobucket

23 comments:

Jessica said...

What a super fun quilt! I've always loved pezzies and you put them to great use.

scrapkat said...

It looks really wonderful :D

Jo C. said...

Wonderful! Churndash is my favorite block..i have charms of pezzies, no layer cake...waaaaah!

Dee said...

What a super cute and happy quilt!

Average Quilter said...

You did good - it will be greatly appreciated. I really like that fabric and it is perfect with that pattern.

Lucy | Charm About You said...

Absolutely brilliant quilt Di! Love that binding and cute label!

Canadian Abroad said...

Great quilt made by an even nicer lady, who I am happy to have as a friend.

claudia said...

I am absolutely in love with this quilt! The colors are fabulous! The quilting is great, it is just perfect for the design.

Jenny said...

i love love love your pezzy churn dash! how fun! perfect pattern/fabric combination!

Erin said...

Oh churn dash, how I love thee. It looks amazing. I really like how you added the solid colors to a few blocks. So pretty.

beaquilter said...

LOOOOVE your label with care instructions!! clever

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Terrific quilt!....happy and fun.

Great label as well.

Janine @ Rainbow Hare said...

This is gorgeous! I'm not usually fond of churn dash blocks but they look great in this print :)

Lynne said...

Wow! That looks great! I've never tried a Churn Dash block and that is very inspiring!

9patchnurse said...

LOVE it! I so need to make some churn dash blocks, and I happen to have some layer cakes (including some pezzies).

Anonymous said...

it looks so fun and bright

Cindy said...

Love this quilt Di!

Nita said...

I like how you used a colour background in some of the blocks. Adds a lot of visual interest. And I have always said that some of the most beautiful things are the simplest.

Mrs Flying Blind... said...

I love this quilt of Di's; actually I love all Di's quilts!

Alice in WV said...

@Jo C, you could make this with charm packs instead of a layer cake. Four charm packs equals a layer cake, so if you have four you could make this quilt. All the churn dash pieces can be cut from charm pack squares. :)

Unknown said...

Your quilt is awesome! I love, love, love the pezzy prints, they are so fun. Lucky, lucky people to get such a wonderful gift. Great job!

Pomegranate Quilts said...

This is GORGEOUS. A really great quilt; I love how you used the solids to make the whole thing go "WOW!"

ดูหนังออนไลน์ฟรี said...

ดูหนังออนไลน์ Destroying your fabric is great, thanks for sharing.