Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, February 6, 2014

Union Jack Zipper Pouches

I got some real cute Union Jack panels a few days ago.  I had the perfect project in mind.


As you are probably well aware, our sweet daddy was from England.  Can I tell you how nice it is to have something so visual represent him?

While in Utah many many people helped me (in lots of ways) and especially watching my kids.  That last week I was at the hospital with my dad a lot.  The week after we were planning the funeral.  The weeks after that when I could it was so nice to sneak away and spend some time with my siblings.  I am so fortunate to have such a big family and so many nieces that adore my children.  My husband was only able to stay for one week so I was solo most of my time there.


I found out some favorite colors and went from there.  Have you seen the panels?  I got mine from The Quilted Castle.  They have small panels with lots of small Union Jacks (each are 9 x 11) in lots of cute colors.  Then there are also larger panels with large Union Jacks.
Union Jack DC570 Orange Squares Panel by Riley Blake from The Quilted Castle


I love getting to use such bright and happy colors.  Lots of chevrons and lots of dots!

I had to replenish my zippers this week too...I love having bright colored zippers on hand.  Each pouch is about 9.5" x 11.5".


They should be receiving them today.  I am so dangerous posting these already.  Just kidding, my 14, 12 and 10 year old nieces don't read our blog :)  But one is for my 31 year old cousin, she has no excuse! :)


Hope you're having a good day!!

Photobucket

6 comments:

RobotMomSews said...

These are so cute! When I saw those panels I TOTALLY thought of you. Great idea! ♥

Melia Mae Quilting said...

These are sooo adorable!

SewPsyched! said...

Awesome!!!!

Vicki said...

Such fun colors! Very nice.

Jodi - usairdoll said...

So cute! This is the first time seeing these small union jacks and what pretty colors! Great job!

ดูหนังออนไลน์ฟรี said...

It's a good website, I'm happy every time I read it. It's both useful and fun.ดูหนังออนไลน์