Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Tube piecing. Fun technique...

Have you guys tried the "tube" technique? It is a simple technique with jelly roll strips.  Pretty simple and fun, with a lot of options. 

I found this tutorial, from Missouri Star Company on the technique. Watch it, it's cool. 


What you are left with is a bunch of blocks like these. They you basically have "cooler" half square triangles, with all the layout possibilities. 


I did this zig zag chevron pattern. I really like it. Problem is, I didn't make many blocks. I was just planning a few decor items for my living room, but I changed my mind on colors. So now I am not sure what to make with them. Too small for a quilt. Not the right colors for a pillow or mini...hmmm.. I guess it will just go into the pile of UFO's and one day, hopefully, I will come back to it. 

Try it!
Photobucket

6 comments:

Kathy @ Kwilty Pleasures said...

What about a tote bag? Love the scrappy look to the zig zag.

Daytona Damsel said...

Thanks for sharing the tube piecing tutorial from Missouri Quilt Company. I am going to try that. Love your fabrics you used.

Sharon said...

Keep them. These pieces alone may be too small for a quilt, but you might find a complimentary fabric one day, and the rest of the quilt will be come together. These colors and pattern are so beautiful. They are keepers.

Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation said...

This is a really cool technique. Thanks for sharing it!

:) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

Anonymous said...

This is so pretty. Cool tutorial, too. Thanks for the link.

How about cutting up what you have to make matching coasters, mug rugs, placemats, and/or mats to put hot pot things on (my mind has gone blank on what to call those).

ดูหนังออนไลน์ฟรี said...

Several days ago I was looking for a website like this. And then I found it very fun.ดูหนังออนไลน์