Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, March 27, 2015

Mochi Charm Box Quilt

Hey there! Hope you're headed into a good weekend!  I sure am...my in-laws are driving the 12 hours between us to surprise my husband this evening!  My kids are going to be so excited (and my honey too :). Good thing he doesn't read the blog, hehe :) Problem is to make sure he gets home at a reasonable time!!

I have another awesome free pattern from Fat Quarter Shop to share with you :)

It's called the Charm Box Quilt.


I chose to make mine a lap quilt size. I used charm packs of Cotton and Steel's Mochi line.  I just love jewel tones, and the bunnies in the line just put it over the top for me :)  I also really like the basics from Cotton and Steel, the mint was perfect for sashing.


It comes together super fast like all their short cut quilts...which I LOVE!

Finished Size 54" x 63"


Now I just need to baste, quilt and bind :)

I always stop at the basting part...


Happy Spring!

Find the Tutorial Here (or see below)



Photobucket


9 comments:

Afton Warrick said...

I was this close to using Mochi, except the Fat Quater Shop sold out of it like hotcakes. That mint is perfect for the sashing. Then again, I'd be hard-pressed to not like mint. I'm with you at dragging my feet when it comes to basting. It involves clearing off my sewing table, which is no small feat. I hadn't thought about embedding the video. I'm copying you and doing the same in my post.

Lynn said...

I like that fabric and the quilt of course. Have a fun visit. I hope they're not expecting springlike weather this weekend :(

Terri Ann @ ChildlikeFascination.com said...

Great fabric pick with this C+S - it's probably my favorite of their latest fabrics. This looks like such a fun pattern and fast too. Have fun this weekend!

SewPsyched! said...

ADORABLE!! I love it in Mochi!
Have a wonderful weekend!!
XX!

Juli said...

That's a very pretty quilt. Could you please tell me how many charm packs you used.
Thanks

Carla said...

So fun! It turned out really nice. I just bought background to make one of these ; )

QuiltNut Creations said...

Super cute and super fun!!

Jim Rhodes said...

I am happy to find this video. I will check it out really soon. Thanks!

ดูหนังออนไลน์ฟรี said...

that you write about the fabric and fabric patterns from everywhere ดูหนังออนไลน์