Monday, December 28, 2015

Finished Locket quilt blog tour with Fat Quarter Shop and Art Gallery Fabrics!

I was lucky enough to be asked by Fat Quarter Shop and Art Gallery Fabrics to make this Locket quilt. 
At the bottom of my post is the list of all the other bloggers participating. I can't wait to see all the different versions!

 I love Fat Quarter Shop patterns and videos, so easy to follow, great pattern writing, the kind you don't have to read, just look at the graphics. This is a cute simple patterns that makes a stunning quilt!!

I started with a bunch of chain piecing and trimming. I mixed several different Art Gallery Fabrics lines. Lots of designers in this bunch!

Here is a link to the video tutorial. Such a good video. You will whip this quilt up!

Here is the basic block structure.  I thought I would only have a couple blocks done in time for this blog tour, but pushed through the last few days, and managed to finish the top!

Fat Quarter Shop has a Locket quilt kit, ready to purchase and get going! And here is the backing set. 

Its no secret that I LOVE Art Gallery Fabrics, I love their designers, and the fabric is super soft!

I think the quilt will end up in my 2nd daughters room. It goes perfectly in here, and adds a little more "teenager" fabrics to her room. 

I love the secondary star pattern the teal print adds. Such a neat quilt!

Check out all these other Locket quilts in this blog tour here:



Needled Mom said...

That looks wonderful. Great colors. said...

Oh, it's so pretty!

gibbygoo56 said...

Beautiful! I love it! And your daughter's room is gorgeous!

Anna said...

Oh, oh...I love this. I will have to give it a whirl. Thanks for the inspiration.

laurelandpine said...

Such great fabric choices- I love your version!