Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Fabric Tuesday, and my quilt start...

Heather here. I went to a quilt retreat this weekend and started the Fig Tree and Co Twirl pattern. I was nervous about starting, because it is a fall quilt, and I wanted to finish at least in fall. 


I didn't finish, but I made 20 of the leaf blocks. I just need to add sashing, and a pretty border. I hope to get back to it this week!


Here are some more of the blocks in their natural element :)

Here are some of your projects from last week. I am always in awe!

Happy Cottage Quilter String quilt, pretty pink perfection!

grey/green Ombré Quilt | veni vidi vicky
VenVidivicky The triangles, the texture! Love!



The amazing Happy Quilting Melissa! How adorable is this quilt?!?


AGF Stitched with Kimberly: Timber @ Quilting Mod

Quilting Mod's version of Timber quilt. Megan and I both made this one. Love this version!


Yellow cat quilt designs. I LOVE this quilt. All that blue and white. The pattern. Just beautiful!


Photobucket



9 comments:

maggie fellow said...

The colors are so pretty for leaves - I love them

Celtic Thistle said...

I love the fabrics you have chosen for your quilt, a very different take on autumn!

LA Paylor said...

I like those blocks. I also like your creative way to display them in the wild! LeeAnna

legato1958 said...

I love your Twirl blocks! You are inspiring me to get going on my Twirl mini pattern now! You found a perfect background for your pretty fabric, too!
Susie

AmyScrapSpot said...

Your blocks look great, can't wait to see them with sashing!
So many pretty inspiring quilts here, too, thanks!

AmyScrapSpot said...

Your blocks are so pretty, I can't wait to see them with sashing!
So excited to link up! I follow on Bloglovin and anyother social media that I can.. haha

Melissa Corry said...

Ahh, thanks so much for including my quilt in your rundown ;) And I am so loving your fall leave blocks. Just gorgeous!!!

Alycia Quiltygirl.com said...

I really like your quilt start - the colors are so pretty!

Afton Warrick said...

Thanks so much for the feature! I'm going to have to make something with Hello Ollie sometime too; it's a beautiful line. Fingers crossed that FQS does another AGF with Kimberly hop.