Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Fabric Tuesday and Sewing for Boys!!

I got a super cute book to review for you all today...and maybe you've seen it already on the blog book tour.  Sewing for Boys from Patterns by Figgy.  I was lucky to snag a copy...after all I do have two little boys!!  This book is darling.  A wide range of boys clothing (and some other fun projects too).  Those of us who have boys and sew know how rare it is to find projects for our little guys!

Here are a couple of the projects that I plan on delving into asap!  I love jackets for little guys...especially living in AZ that's all I need for the winter.  I didn't get a great close-up on the jacket (boo to me).  My 2 year old is going to love it.

pattern Luke Hoodie from Sewing for Boys; fabric Urban Zoologie from Robert Kaufman

And these belts...I think I need 20 right?  Getting on those tomorrow.  For sure.

pattern hold 'em up belt from Sewing for Boys; fabric Pooches n Pickups and Robot Factory from Robert Kaufman

Our friend Sara from Sew Sara has an extra copy to give away!!  So hop on over to win yourself a copy and get sewing!!

****************************************************
Fabric Tuesday #52
ready to link-up your latest fabric projects?
If you're new see here for our easy rules :)
Fun fun fun!
Photobucket

11 comments:

Megan said...

my poor son. he never gets anything sewn for him.

Carla said...

It's awesome to see such a great book out there for boys. When my son was small, it was hard to find any pattern just for him. All there was were costume patterns. You should definitely have fun making these items for your son.

P.S. I also live in AZ and my kids survive the winter with sweaters and hoodies. It's all about layering here. :o)

Kristy said...

Very fun! I'm your newest follower! :)

Kristy said...

p.s.....loving that robot fabric too! :)

Ana e os Viraventos said...

What a great book you are featuring here. And the fabrics... great for boys. As a mother of two boys I definitely need those on my stash.
Ana

SewSara said...

oh man you have the best fabric - no fair!!

maybe one day i'll have something to post on FT again!!

Ricochet said...

Hi! Just getting into quilting and am happy to find your blog and linky party!
Your newest follower,
Rikka J.
Ricochet and Away!

VickiT said...

Oh my gosh, that Hoodie is going to be super cute using those fabrics. That's one of the patterns I've seen so far that I liked and thought it would be something even to make for my Granddaughter.

Ruth said...

Thanks for hosting again! And I can't wait to see what you sew up for the boys!

Toni said...

Yes, I think my boys need dozens of those belts! I'm so glad there are more fun projects coming out for boys! So glad to be following your blog now!

Megan said...

u said i was a "no-reply blogger" but i can't figure out how to change it...