Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Meg Finished a Quilt!


I finished Lola's Quilt!!  Yay!
And sweet little Lola's Quilt ended up being for our brand new niece, AnnaBelle.  Couldn't be happier!!


I made this quilt in the spring, I didn't know anyone (at the time) having a baby girl.  I loved the fabrics...all the Lagoon color stories from Michael Miller.  And I was given the chance to do a tutorial using an Accuquilt.


Finished quilt size 30.5" x 40.5"
Perfect for new little babies!


I played around with the quilting on this one.  Since it didn't have a home, yet, I tried a decorative stitch.  It turned out sweet and I learned a lot.


The flowers were a fun feminine touch.  Although there are flower prints in the rest of the fabrics, I really felt like I needed to add more femininity.  Plus I LOVE putting applique over simple quilt patterns.


Polka dot backing.


 I was happy to find this binding, I auditioned a lot!!  But this was sweet, finished it nicely without standing out. Plus aqua is just a fab color, don't you think?

It feels great to post a finish!  I had this quilt top sitting around for a while.  Next week I'll share the other quilt I made just for baby AnnaBelle :)

Happy Birthday to my baby boy!  He's 3 today!!!

Photobucket

11 comments:

Clara {Clover and Violet} said...

Your quilt is so cute! I love the Michael Miller fabric choice too and the flowers are such a nice added touch!

Clara {Clover and Violet} said...

P.S. Happy Birthday to your little boy!

Anonymous said...

Adorable. I love the colors and the flowers are just a great add on!

Lynn M said...

I love this quilt. The red flowers are adorable on the quilt with the other colors.

Anonymous said...

Lovely quilt! And the flowers are a nice touch!

beaquilter said...

that is SO cute, love the flowers! I have the circle die, I assume you used that, what about the leaves? I guess I will have to LOOK at your tutorial :-)

Unknown said...

Wonderful, I love the pop of the added flowers. Kxxx

Sarah @ This Crazy Blessed Life said...

Adorable! Iove the colors!!

Avondster said...

Gratuluji "malému" velkému oslavenci. Quilt je nádherný

Francis Paul said...

lovely quilt and I have bookmarked the tutorial :-)

groeten, Francis

Kris from Duke Says Sew What said...

Lovely quilt Meg! Those flowers are SOOOO cute. What a nice touch.