Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Mermaid Esmerelda from Life of Riley...


Rachel from "The life of Riley"  made this fun mermaid quilt , her name is Esmerelda! What a fun style of quilting, I love the blue hair. I don't think Meg or I have ever attempted this style of quilting, but it is fun to see all the variety of styles and techniques people use. Rachel has some great quilt finishes, yummy recipes and neat tutorials. Be sure to go have a visit at her blog.

 Meet Esmerelda:
 She's been in my head for a year and now she's done!
 Close of up the hair.
 The pearls.
 The tail.
 The rest of the tail.
 Squiggly waves and body quilting.


The back, which as you can see is perfect for hiding stitches.  I think that was in my favor, because......


 I got a second place ribbon!


Photobucket

6 comments:

Lynne said...

It certainly deserved a ribbon - it's gorgeous!

m.daniela said...

absolutely stunning!

Dee said...

Thank you for sharing this talented quilter with us! I love her quilt and the quilting is just perfect! Congratulations on the win for her quilt as well! WoW!

cinzia said...

beautiful! congratulations!

Amy said...

Nice job and congrats on your win!

M and M plus 3 said...

Amazing and well deserved ribbon!