Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Which Way Quilt from ...just quilts


Great quilt today from Steffi of ...just quilts.  LOVE the colors, she speaks my language!!  She's got some really fun projects, I love this Fabric House she posted a couple weeks ago.  Make sure to stop by ...just quilts for some inspiration!

Yesterday I finished the hand quilting and binding on the "Which Way?" quilt. For the binding I chose a grey fabric with a white polka dot pattern because I thought the rest of the quilt is colorful enough.

 
If you are new to this blog: welcome, it´s nice to have you here! :-) 
(Of course it´s nice to have my regular readers here, too!)
And if you are interested in the tutorial for this little quilt, you can find ithere.

 For the binding I used a new to me technique. First I sewed it onto the front as usual. Then I turned and pressed it to the back. and using a fancy machine stitch sewed it in place from the front.
 The back looks like this:
 Not bad, I think. And very much more quick than hand sewing it to the back. I don´t know if I would do it on a heirloom bed quilt, but for me it´s okay with this little wall hanging.

Now the quilt hangs in a little corner of our living room.

Photobucket

5 comments:

Lynne said...

Very cute indeed!

Steffi´s Candy Quilts said...

Hello Heather and Megan,
thank you for showing my little quilt today! It´s an honour for me!
Steffi

Lynette said...

Pretty colors! I like fancy stitches on machine-sewn bindings. I also like sewing the binding to the back, then pulling it around front and top-stitching super close to the edge (about 1/16"). Some quilts are perfect for machine binding. :)

claudia said...

What an adorable quilt! It's going in my queue to be made...someday, someday...

ดูหนังออนไลน์ฟรี said...

Thank you very much for writing such a blog for me to read. I am very happy. ดูหนังออนไลน์