Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, January 7, 2013

Block of the Month: January


January's Block of the Month
Theme:  Squares and Rectangles

It's the first Monday of the month so that means you get to see Heather and my blocks from our  Block of the Month series!  Excited? :)

Heather's Block
12" x 12"
Fabric: Ooh La La from Michael Miller


This was a welcome change. Squares and rectangles. So much faster, not to hard to get corners to meet!


I am almost always drawn to more muted tones (like Megan's fabrics below) but lately I have been wanting bright and bold. 

 It may have a bit to do with all the snow around here. And that is has been the coldest winter here! We are single digits for much of the day. Mid afternoon has been in the teens. FREEZING. Maybe just maybe I am wanting spring?

It is fun seeing them all together. Although seems I am a couple short. (must clean my craft room!) This is teaching me the invaluable lesson that a little done at a time can really add up! Hope you like!

Megan's Block
12" x 12"
Fabric: Backyard Baby from Michael Miller



Easy simple block...nice and crisp.  I like the kind of cross effect with the green print, I think it looks kinda cool!


Each month in order, from left to right, top to bottom.  One more to go!
Ahh!! Getting exciting!! Almost done!  Now I'm really thinking how I want to finish.  Any ideas?  I think I will add a pieced border? Or maybe some sashing with pinwheels?


The last block theme is 4 PATCH!! Then we are ready to reveal our quilt tops!!

Four patch can be so simple! You can incorporate many, or a simple four patch, should be fun!

We are using the book 501 Rotary-Cut Blocks for a lot of our blocks.

As well as linking up your blocks today you can also add them to our flickr group. 


Photobucket

10 comments:

Lynne said...

Would you like me to send some of our 109.4* that we had today?

The blocks are all so pretty.

Farm Gate Creations Incorporating Hummingbird Quilting said...

They all look fabulous, great job.

Auntie Pami said...

109.4? Ouch. It was 48 here today and we still have leftover Christmas snow piles (from the plowing). Spring is quickly coming, Valentine's Day is my day to plant my bare root roses!

Michele said...

I just love the bright colors.

Teje Karjalainen said...

Hi Heather and Megan! All your blocks are so beautiful! I love those cute colours on the snow as well as green-oranges on the stones! Great example to show how different quilts we can make with same blocks.
I wish you wonderful New Year! x Teje

Anonymous said...

Love the fabric in your January block at the top of the post.

yanmaneee said...

kyrie 7
kevin durant shoes
cheap jordans
golden goose
yeezy
supreme clothing
nike sb
air jordan
yeezy boost 350 v2
supreme hoodie

tathiez said...

replica bags gucci moved here g8b93a1q08 best replica bags online 2018 try these out u6y36x4u84 bags replica gucci replica bags koh samui why not try this out r3g54l8a60 louis vuitton fake replica bags near me g0v77i3h54

boughez said...

replica bags reddit replica gucci bags p0c05x5l40 replica nappy bags see it here c5h43d1c47 bags replica gucci replica bags wholesale in divisoria replica bags online have a peek here r4f09o1m00 best replica bags online 2018

ดูหนังออนไลน์ฟรี said...

Thank you very much for writing such a blog for me to read. I am very happy. ดูหนังออนไลน์