Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Seaside Stitches zig zag quilt...


Tina from sea side stitches created this bright colorful zig zag quilt. I have been wanting to make one of these zig zag quilts forever! I love the rows being the same print. This quilt just really makes me happy! Check out all these finishes! That is one busy lady! Be sure to visit her blog!

I finished three small quilts this week, and this is my favorite!


For my lecture on Modern Quilting, I wanted to show how nicely all the designers play together.

Lots of girls: Valori Wells, Pamela Mostek, Martha Negley, Pat Bravo and Amy Butler.
And some boys, too: Kaffe Fassett, Joel Dewberry and Philip Jacobs.

I'm really happy with the way the color progression worked out, and I think it would make an awesome Blooming Nine Patch, too. Although, HST Zig Zags are a lot easier to make than BNP.

I had a big piece of this orange solid for the back, but I was wishing it was a little paler. The soft stripe worked pretty well for the binding.

For the quilting, I first quilted in the ditch along the zig zag, then went back and quilted both sides of thatline, riding along the edge of the walking foot. The best part of edge to edge quilting is not having to bury any thread tails!

Photobucket

13 comments:

Thearica said...

Love those gorgeous fabrics!

pinsandneedles said...

Very Pretty! Love chevron quilts!

Dee said...

This is just breath-taking! You've done an amazing job blending the designers, colors, and prints!

Jeanette said...

This is so beautiful! Love the chevron, and the color variation she chose is wonderful.

Tina Craig said...

Thank you, Heather & Megan! I'm so happy that you like my work!

Snippets of Carol said...

Beautiful, love the fabric choices and the quilting design.

Esther said...

Wow, GORGEOUS quilt!!!!!!!!

Donna said...

Beautiful! Love the fabrics you chose.

Emily said...

I absolutely adore this! It's such a HAPPY quilt! So So So pretty!

Michele said...

This is fantastic. Just the sort of look that I love.

Nancy said...

What a bright and cheery quilt. It made me smile!

Unknown said...

Tina, this is a beautiful quilt. Love how the rows went together color wise and it is so cheery. Great job.

ดูหนังออนไลน์ฟรี said...

ดูหนังออนไลน์ Making your clothes useful to the masses It reads a lot. and have fun