Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, October 8, 2010

Erica from Crafty blossom, cross my heart quilt...


Todays feature is of Erica of Crafty Blossom. Erica's blog is almost entirely quilting, sewing, crafting, fabric etc. She is full of cute projects and ideas. You will definitely want to be visiting her blog. She also has a cute etsy shop here. This story is really sweet, and Erica is really sweet to make this quilt....


This is my entry for the Blogger's Quilt Festival 2010. This quilt, although very simple, is near and dear to my heart. Back in November, a loved one was diagnosed with a rare blood disorder,Langerhan's Histiocytosis. Swift medical attention was a must considering the severity of the disease.

 Unfortunately, my girlfriend is one of many uninsured Americans, making an extremely difficult situation all the worse. A fundraiser was organized to gather the necessary funds for treatment and a visit to the Mayo Clinic in Minnesota.


Among the many donations that came in, one anonymous donor stepped up and provided the remainder of the money needed for the medical testing and visit to the Mayo clinic. This warmed my heart so much and I thought a thank-you quilt was in order for this person. I suppose it's the least I could do. This quilt represents love, solidarity, faith, hope and positivity.


Thanks Erica, I hope your friend is well. Keep on crafting and sharing your projects with us.

5 comments:

Leslie said...

this is beautiful and a perfect gift for someone that could be that generous

emilyc @ Sew Super Sweet said...

I love the quilt, but I love the story even more! Beautiful!

grammajill said...

Love this quilt. What a special story!

Heather said...

love this quilt. Love the story. Thanks!

Quiet Quilter said...

The most simple quilts can turn out to be the most beautiful..and love your backing!