Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, October 1, 2010

A Bubbly Quilt From Jo

When I saw this Bubbly Quilt from Jo of Jo's Country Junction...it spoke to me.  I LOVE polka dots, and this quilt definitely satisfies that thirst!  I love the bright colors against the white, it is such a happy quilt!  I'll let Jo tell you the rest...but make sure to check out her cute blog, she completes lots of projects and is a fun read.

I finished my bubbly quilt...finally.
 Bubbly-1
The quilt started from a left over pile of scraps, my Accuquilt Go!, and my circle die. AccuquiltGoCircles 
The quilt is made using raw edge appliqué. I really had never thought about using this technique until I saw a fun quilt Crazy Mom, Amanda Jean made called Ticker Tape. Bubbly-2 
It was LOTS of fun and hope to make another quilt some time in the future. You can see the circles are just laid on top of the fabric and sewn down in a circular pattern. Then on the background fabric, I did a simple stipple type pattern.
  Bubbly-5
Fun and EASY!
Bubbly-3
The binding is scrappy.
Bubbly-6 
It's fun to see what can be made with left overs from my Schnibble quilts. Bubbly-4 
Kalissa and Gracie think the quilt is their quilt. Kalissa has begged for the last few Schnibble quilts that I've made so I am caving in and letting her have the quilt....I figure it has all the fabric she "loved". If you want to see more details on how I made the quilt, Kalissa helped me make a little video.... You can watch it here

8 comments:

Sparky said...

Ok, I am sew into dots that I just ordered the perfect circles sew I can make me some dots..This one is lovely, really lovely...Oh wait...I am seeing dots in front of my eyes plenty of dots....lol
blessings madame samm

emilyc @ Sew Super Sweet said...

I LOVE this quilt! Beautiful!

Leslie said...

this is so gorgeous...and so fun

SandyQuilts said...

Adorable. I want to make an "O" quilt sometime.

Charity said...

I love this. It is so bright and cheerful. Thanks for sharing.
I think I can see dots in my future.

Tatkis said...

Such a beautiful colourful quilt! Great work!

Best wishes,
Tatyana

Thearica said...

Everyone is hooked on circles sew it seams these days...I have been working on one but haven't had the time to finish it. You have inspired me to pull it back out! Your quilt is awesome!

Alisa said...

I absolutely think that is one of the cutest quilts I've ever seen. I love polka dots!!!