Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

My heart goes pitter patter...

Okay, first off, comments from yesterday made me laugh hard. I think for next fabric Tuesday, we will add those to the list of what makes us weird crafting freaks! Funny stuff, I could relate to them all!

Second, I don't think I can properly express my happiness over this fabric line without crying! Seriously! When this came to my doorstep, I could feel my heart rate quicken because I knew what it would be. 

I called Meg and got all giddy, but somehow still felt let down not having someone near to share it with. (I don't mean share as in give any away, just share in my joy with me!)

Bless my husbands heart, he knew I was so excited when he came home from work he went through every single piece with me and pretended to be so excited. It worked!


This fabric line is called Children at Play by Sarah Jane for Michael Miller we love Michael Miller fabric lines.   I LOVE everything Sarah Jane creates, she is an amazing artist!  Her prints on etsy are over the top darling!

Okay, the good and bad, is this fabric line is HUGE! I think it has 54 prints? Good for the variety, bad because I think I need every print!


These are my favorites. Little girls playing with their dolls in the fields, pinwheels, balloons, bunnies. Serisously!


I have made a quilt up with these fabrics. This is the backing. Cute?


And here is my "teaser." It is just the quilt top, and I wanted to have it all finished before I showed it off. I LOVE it!  Good thing I have 4 girls, but they are already fighting for it. I think girl #2 likes it the most. I think she will get it Christmas morning...


Now that I look at the teaser, I think you can see exactly what I did...hmmm... that is okay. The plan is to post on Friday the finished quilt!!!  I was up til 2 am Monday, 3 am last night, and tonight will probably be 3 am again...boo to that!

PS this fabric line has a whole set for boys too!!!

PPS Also make sure to join our flickr group for our upcoming quilt along here.
More details here...
Photobucket

10 comments:

Teje Karjalainen said...

Hello! What an enjoy to find those fabrics on your door! We are lucky to have hb trying to be interested!
The other quilt top for your 2nd girl is magical - I can't imagine how it really looks - hope to see soon!
Sunny sewing time to you!
xxx Teje

Linda said...

Oh that Children at Play fabric is so freaking cute! I saw a preview online and I can't wait to have some of both the girl and boy line. Please tell me where, when and how to get it!!

Sara said...

Boys line huh....now you have me interested!

Love your hidden mosaic quilt top;)

Denise :) said...

What sweet, sweet prints -- and the colors are wonderful! And I so get what you were saying about not being able to express happiness without some tears! It made me grin, because I get like that too! :)

Go-Go Kim said...

SUPER LOVE!!!!!!!! And the teaser is KILLING me!!!!!!!!

randi said...

i can't wait to get my hands on some of this fabric. it's absolutely adorable!

Sarah Jane said...

Hello! I was so thrilled to see you have the fabric already! I've posted your pics to my blog, I hope you don't mind:) and I hope you'll join the Children at Play Filckr Group I've started:) Thanks for posting, and so great to find your blog!

http://bit.ly/kdW26v

xo
sarah jane

heidiabc said...

I absolutely adore this fabric line too - with two boys and a girl I don't think that there is anything better suited for them! I can't wait till Friday... :)

Jennifer Mathis of Ellison Lane said...

So awesome that THE Sarah Jane commented above. I love this fabric and can't wait to get my hands on some - both the girl and boy variety. :) Can't wait to see your quilt!

Jim Rhodes said...

You are so good at content creating! And I really like your quilts. Good job!