Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, June 24, 2011

Which quilt is best?


Trudi from Happy Daize is a very talented quilter...just check our her sidebar!  These are some intense and beautiful quilts.  Check out this post with three quilt finishes!  Wow. 
Now she's dressing her bed for the summer and has a few choices...what do you think?

I promised a finish, and a finish I give you ....


This Portuguese tiles quilt has been a top for at least a year!  But it's quilting time had come!


I'm really pleased with the all over quilting design, and how it looks and plays out on the quilt design...


... and I just LOVE this little design the Emily and I fell upon at the last quilt retreat....

But.....

... when I put it on the bed ....


it just didn't make me happy.   I mean, I love the quilt, but it's just not a summer quilt is it?  I'm the sort of girl that changes the quilt on the bed with the weather, my mood, well, just because I'm bored with it and it's time for a change.  Are you the same, or is it just me and my quilts? 

So this is what was on the bed beforehand....


Pastel Stars April 2011

pretty, flowery, summery, nice enough....

But I was ready for a change, and the new quilt just doesn't holler from the roof tops to me at the moment, so it was back to my all time fave!


Gotta love Amy Butler fabrics to make you happy! 

So now I'm looking for the perfect pattern to make a summer quilt with these....


Oh, did I forget to tell you ....  Ooops, they made me buy them!  Really they did!

Happy Quilting!


Photobucket

3 comments:

Average Quilter said...

I agree I like your all time fav. Although all are nice

Lynette said...

I do like changing out my bed quilt with the season :) I really need a good Christmas quilt for my bed.

CountryBelle said...

I think it's your wall color. They are all beautiful quilts!