Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, July 25, 2011

Fabric Tuesday linky party!

 I have been an embroidery fool lately! I have often tried to think of the perfect craft that transports well that doesn't require too much brain power, I have found it! EMBROIDERY.  For a while I thought it was knitting, but you have to follow a pattern most of the time, and count, and that is too much when you are trying to watch a movie etc.  

Embroidery needs nothing! Just the initial set up, then pick out all the colors you may need, and you are good to go! I just put it in a ziplock (one day I will make a cute embroidery bag...hint hint Meg, good homemade Christmas gift)

Here is my fabric Tuesday project...
Here is a little woodland friends I am working on, almost done... Isn't the bunny sweet?

And I use my favorite new Havel's Sewing scissors Meg and I got from Market, I LOVE these scissors! Not only are they razor sharp, these ones have the curved tip for super close thread trimming.  And they are pink! I love them!

And now for the winner of the Canton Village Quilt Works giveaway...


Blogger Barb said...
I love the Basics section of Canton Village. One can find geometrics like aboriginal dots, black and whites, or Kona solids easily with this link.
July 22, 2011 4:43 PM

On to Fabric Tuesday!  Follow the guidelines here, and have fun!






Photobucket

11 comments:

Teje Karjalainen said...

Hello! That looks beautiful and fun! I think I should start to make more ambroidery, too! Thank you for inspiration and hosting this great party! xxx Teje

Anonymous said...

That looks really cute! I especially love the little bunny's scarf!

I have learning embroidery on my to-do list. Any tips of good resources for a beginner?

Thanks heaps
Kat xx

Sara said...

Yes indeedE that is a cue bunny and porcupine!

The scissors look fabulous;)

Ruth said...

Thanks so much for hosting!

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Your embroidery work is beautiful! Love the little tree stump and bunny. I haven't done embroidery in years and I wasn't very good. Neat scissors!

Maureen Cracknell Handmade said...

Your embroidery work looks great! This is my first time joining in the link party! I have been following and decided it's time to join it! I added the info to my join in page here :: http://maureencracknellhandmade.blogspot.com/2011/07/teal-quilt-block.html

Thanks for hosting this!

Cathy said...

Cute embroidery and I am green with envy for your pink scissors!

SoSarahSews said...

Thanks for hosting! I'm a follower and I have a little blogspace....
sosarahsews.blogspot.com
Thanks again!

sewhappy said...

Oooooh, I love your new pink scissors!!! Pink is such a happy color, and combine that with great scissors...oh, my! vbg
Your embroidery is winsome, and the bunny is a darling, dapper fellow. I need to start a project like this - to have on the go. Thanks for the push.
Thank you, too, for such a lovely blog, I'm a fairly new follower, and am swooning over all the talent!

Deanna said...

Thank you again for hosting and giving us a place to share projects (and admire yours).

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for picking me as the winner of the FQ's!!