Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Fabric Tuesday Party and Gift Idea!!

I have a pet peeve, and I'm about to commit the crime.  I have a really hard time when people post a project, whatever it may be, but don't give a good full shot of it.  I am all for artsy and creative shots, the more photos the better.  But I just need one great full shot so my brain understands.  It's like an itch I can't scratch.  Well get ready to be scratchy.

When my nieces were here a month ago and we made these darling messenger bags we decided to make a gift for their older sister who was returning to college that same week.  Then we came up with, what I think, was a pretty good idea!
Fabric: Metro Market by Ann Kelle for Robert Kaufman

I took an existing apron of mine for the shape and then I added ruffles wherever possible.  I love this fabric, I am adding these strawberries to some of my dish towels this week---of course in a ruffle!

This is the best I got, so hard to take pictures of yourself wearing something!! :)

We also included some of the recipes we'd been trying out together.  And then gave her the ingredients for one of them.  What more could a college sophomore want?  When she called to thank me she told me she was just wearing the apron around for fun!! :)


Fabric Tuesday Linky Time!
Do you have a fabric project to share?
First time or can't remember specifics?  See here.

Also we want to encourage you to link-up any Halloween projects you're working on that include fabric.  Next Monday (on Halloween) we're going to feature some of the projects you've linked!  Remember, you can link more than one thing to our party :)  

This is my mantel, in all it's fuzzy glory, to give you an idea of what you can link!  My wreath is made from Tulle and a fabric banner.  Plus I love to tie fabric scraps whenever possible :)



Photobucket

11 comments:

Sunnybec said...

My pet peeve is when someone makes a bag and shows it on a door handle, I can't tell how big the bag is! I want to see it over someone's shoulder so I can get the scale of it. Linda

Teje Karjalainen said...

Hi! I think also that if make something we should try to show it also well. Linda has it right with the bags and I make the same mistake perhaps not showing well the size.
Your apron and that fabric are just adorable! Great idea for a present to add some goodies there!
Thank you again for a great link party!
xxx Teje

Anonymous said...

very cute apron! I also love that metro fabric.
(And it also bugs me when people don't show the whole project - especially with quilts :) )

Anonymous said...

I am bugged also! They do the same thing with sports games or reality shows like the dancing where they always pan away at the wrong time! Oooh. You you've got me going! LOL
Cute apron and love the fabric!

Jenn at The Little Shop of Stitches said...

I like the cute apron idea. I'm diggin' the Halloween banner across your mantle, too!

Sofia L said...

I agree 100% I want to see the entire project completed

Beverly {Flamingo Toes} said...

Thanks for hosting girls!! I love your mantel - it's super cute!!

~ Val @ PinkPlease! ~ said...

Thanks for hosting as always Heather & Megan. I LOVE that apron. Adorable.
Hey, sorry to mess up the linky party a bit. My pic wouldn't upload, so if you want to delete #34, that's cool w/ me. I redid it on #36.
Sorry!

Anonymous said...

Your apron is so cute! I also love the mantel..very pretty. Thank you very much for sharing us some great ideas!
I have followed your block and put a button on my side bar. Thanks for hosting the link party. :)

Erin @ MakeitSew said...

Such a cute apron! I finished my apron just in time to include it this week!

Foolish Feathers said...

Thanks for hosting the linky party! This was my first time to link up. I have become a follower so I can see everything going on here! I agree with the people who talk about showing projects with something to show scale of size! But even so, I sometimes forget to do that.