Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Heather's Block of the Month Sampler quilt finish...


Yesterday you saw Megan's finish. Today is my Block of the Month finish. Megan and I fought over that lovely stack of Backyard Baby for our Block of the Month. She won in the end because of her two boys, and wanting to make them quilts for their beds. I was bummed out until I saw my stack of lovely fabric. Ooh La La by pillow and Maxfield. How could these bright colors not make anyone happy???

Here is my finished quilt...


Do you love it so??? I do!


You can see a bit of the quilting, our Aunt Wendy quilts a lot of our quilts. This was just a large swirl design. Sweet.


The weather was behaving quilt nicely. Since it was overcast, I was able to get the beautiful Utah mountains and my quilt exposed properly! I loved how the photos turned out.  


This awesome fence was just off the side of the road. Ended up being a perfect rustic setting. You may see more photos here!



Sorry for the quilt interruption .., one of my helpers. I tend to be a little ADD with my hobbies. That goes with photography, and photography of the kids! I know! I am a horrible mother. I LOVE candid sweet children's photographs. I am going to try to do better this year. These babies of mine are growing up too fast!! Isn't she sweet? (At least she still  has yummy cheeks to kiss!)


Hope you liked! I am going to try to talk Megan into another one. We both learned some new techniques, and mostly I learned the value of just working a little at a time really adds up!



Photobucket

22 comments:

Lynne said...

That is a lovely quilt, Heather, and your daughter is a sweetie.

Dorian said...

Your quilt looks great in those colors Heather. And your dd is lovely too.

Unknown said...

It is GORGEOUS, Heather! I cant believe how different your two quilts look. Those happy bright colors are FANTASTIC!!!

Lynette said...

Yeah - that is amazing how different the two are~! Yours is so pretty and cheery, too! Perfect for a snowy backdrop. :D

pinsandneedles said...

Lovely quilt! I can't wait to finish mine!
Your photography is stunning!

Dee said...

Both of these quilts are so beautiful! Each one makes me smile!

CathyK said...

I love it!!!!!! Great pictures too!!!!

Anonymous said...

Love the quilt its got all the colors I adore.

RobotMomSews said...

So pretty!!! i love the colors and how they go so well together. The pictures capture that completely!

Unknown said...

your daughter is adorable! and this quilt is gloriously fun, amazing job!

Tatkis said...

Fantastic quilt, so bright and sunny!

Hugs,
Tatyana

Stephanie said...

Gorgeous! Love the bright colors against the white - a nice reminder of spring :)

Pieces of Cotton said...

I do love it! I love each individual block, the colors, the way you framed them in white and then used darker colors for the sashing - just everything about it. Fabulous job!

Unknown said...

Your quilts are amazing! I love the crisp modern style:) It's also fun to be able to participate on your Fabric Tuesday Linky. Thanks,
Jamie
Marylandquilter.com

MaterialGirlQuilts said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous!!!
Amanda

Sara said...

Your daughter is pretty,the mountains are breathtaking and the quilt is sew pretty!!

Nita said...

That is a very sweet quilt. Did you piece the sashing and borders or is that the print? I love it.

Michele said...

Yes I love it too. The colors are so bright and lovely.

Renee said...

Oh it's lovely! And that backdrop is gorgeous!

Julie B. said...

Wow! That is so pretty! Love your block themes for each month!

Karen, aka Yaya said...

Yours turned out so cute. I was surprised when I realized I chose the same line of fabric for my Quilt Story block of the month as you chose. I made it larger with a total of 30 blocks for my mom to use as a bedspread!!

ดูหนังออนไลน์ฟรี said...

Destroying your fabric is great, thanks for sharing.ดูหนังออนไลน์