Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Sampler Chain Quilt Finish and Fab Tues!

I did it!!  My Block of the Month quilt is entirely finished.  And it makes me really really happy :)  It all started with this lovely stack of Backyard Baby fabrics:


And here it is, quilted, bound and ready to be snuggled with.


Our series was for a year, a block each month with a theme right?  Ie star, hst, pinwheel, etc..  I decided that I wanted to make my quilt a twin, so in the end I doubled the amount of squares and did 12 nine patches to make it a Chain Sampler quilt.  Each square is 15" finished.  It is 68" x 90". 
 

My aunt did the quilting, this was too big for me and not even the time to consider it on my limited machine!  She did wavy lines to show the chains better, stippling throughout the blocks and then each sampler block she did some great custom quilting.  On all of the blocks with trees she'd follow the shape of the tree.  I love how she did it!


I backed it with gray minky and the orange print seemed perfect for the binding.  I actually almost wish I'd used orange in each block, or used it more.

There you have it!  Soon one of my boys will have this on their new extra big boy beds.  Now I'm going to lay under it and watch New Girl. I'm done for the night :)

Heather will be sharing her Block of the Month quilt finish tomorrow so check back!!


Fabric Tuesday!

Let's see your creations!




Photobucket

17 comments:

Dorian said...

Great job on your quilt Megan! Love the soft colors.

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

Megan...it is just fantastic!!!

CityHouseStudio said...

A stunning quilt! Your color choices are wonderful, and the quilting is amazing, wow!

Turid said...

What a beautiful quilt you made. I made twelve blocks, but I just used nine of them in my quilt, as you can see. I quilted each block separately and joined them with saching in between. Thank you so much for this BOM.

Maureen Cracknell Handmade said...

Your quilt is wonderful!! I actually need these fabrics for my nephew who's obsessed with his ant farm. :) Do you have a resource?

Anonymous said...

I almost never comment but....my heart did a great BIG OOOOOOOOHHHHH when I scrolled down to the picture of completed quilt. I can only just say OH MY what a beautiful quilt!

Rosa said...

It looks fantastic.My top still waiting to be quilted.

MaterialGirlQuilts said...

Beautiful quilt!! Absolutely love those fabrics.
Amanda

Gill - That British Woman said...

love the colours and the orange adds that extra punch of colour to it.

Well done,

Gill

Renee said...

Love it! The fabric line is so pretty, but still perfect for a boy. I'm having some serious fabric and quilt envy!

RobotMomSews said...

So cute!! I love the colors! The minky on the back is to die for!!!

Chocolate Dipped Quilts said...

I love your quilt! So perfect for a little boy (which can sometimes be hard in this fabric world)!
I just became a follower and entered the linky party. So fun, thanks!

Kirsten said...

Your quilt is just beautiful - I really love how you did the Irish chain through the blocks!

jan said...

I just love this quilt! The Irish Chain was perfect, the color choices, and the quilting! Really NICE!

SewSara said...

awesome quilt, meg! it's huge!! love how it turned out. :)

pinsandneedles said...

I love your BOM quilt with it's sweet fabrics. Can't wait to finish mine although it won't be this big! Thanks for a great year of sewing!

ดูหนังออนไลน์ฟรี said...

Destroying your fabric is great, thanks for sharing.ดูหนังออนไลน์