Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, April 11, 2013

Modern Circuitry Quilt from Don't Call Me Betsy

This isn't our first time featuring Elizabeth from Don't Call Me Betsy, in fact I have no idea how many times we've featured her!! She is an awesome and creative quilter, we love her work!  She's sharing an awesome modern quilt today that was featured at QuiltCon! So cool! :)  Be sure to see Don't Call Me Betsy if you haven't, awesome tutorials (love this Mod 9 patch), classes if you happen to live near her, Quilt-A-Longs...you name it!

Checking Instagram the last day or two has been sheer torture. Photos are flooding in from QuiltCon, and gosh, I wish I were there. I am lucky enough to have a few pieces of me there at QuiltCon, but gosh I wish I could be there to take it all in. The next one will be in 2015, and I definitely plan to be there!

One of my quilts on display at QuiltCon is featured in the Modern Quilts Unlimited booth, #308. Modern Quilts Unlimited is a fantastic new modern quilting magazine, and I was super excited when they selected one of my designs to share at their booth. This quilt is something I designed a while back, while dreaming of rich Art Gallery solids, and it was a lot of fun to finally put it together.

IMG_2551

The Art Gallery solids I used for this project are: Crystal Pink, Cabernet, Dark Citron, Light Citron, Cherry Lipstick, Festival Fuschia, Fresh Water, Empire Yellow, Burnt Orange, Tile Blue, Emerald, with Mystic Gray for the background and Caviar for the binding. You can find Art Gallery solids in stock atIntrepid Thread and Stash Modern Fabrics.

IMG_2541rt


This is also the quilt that I used my Clamshell Loop FMQ design on, the one in the tiny sneak peek photo! This was the first larger quilt that I used that FMQ technique on, and it was really fun and easy to do.

IMG_2554

I love how this quilt came together, and I am so happy that I got to see a photo of it on display in Austin at QuiltCon. Maybe next time, I can manage to have another quilt on display there and actually get a picture of me with it! Have a great weekend :)

IMG_2566

Quilt Stats:
name: Modern Circuitry
size: 48" x 60"
fabrics: Art Gallery Pure Elements solids in Crystal Pink, Cabernet, Dark Citron, Light Citron, Cherry Lipstick, Festival Fuschia, Fresh Water, Empire Yellow, Burnt Orange, Tile Blue, Emerald, with Mystic Gray for the background
pattern: by me for Modern Quilts Unlimited, handed out at QuiltCon
quilting: Clamshell Loop by me in white 50 wt Aurifil thread
binding: Art Gallery Pure Elements solid in Caviar

Photobucket

7 comments:

RobotMomSews said...

So awesome!! I love the modern feel of it and the solid colors are amazing! Great job!

ChristaQuilts said...

It's lovely! I do hope you both can go to QuiltCon next time around - it was "sew" worth it :-)

Anna and Sarah said...

Cute blog! Come visit and follow our blog!

quackadoodlequilt.blogspot.com

Thanks!

Sew Nomadic said...

I am totally loving this! These colors work so well, especially with the grey background. What a wonderful quilt. Great job!!!

Becky J. said...

I love the design-- looks similar to a sprockets quilt. great for boys too-
http://www.etsy.com/listing/122026395/quilt-pattern-sprockets-quilt-block-boy?ref=shop_home_active

Oliver Maurice said...

Check out this info for some information on how to write a thesis paper. It could be a good idea

ดูหนังออนไลน์ฟรี said...

ดูหนังออนไลน์ The ultimate site for information on fabric patterns, textures, embroidery.