Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Sunday, May 26, 2013

Lilabelle lane Medallion quilt...

Are you loving Medallion quilts lately? I have been seeing these everywhere lately! By the time I will make one it will be about a year or two after the trend. (like my unfinished granny squares quilt...sigh... Anyhow, Sharon from Lilabelle Lane made this amazing quilt. I am in love with it!  Sharon makes some amazing quilts over at her blog. Here are her last  year finishes, and the year before, be sure to visit...



I must admit that I just LOVE this quilt.
What started out as a project on a whim, inspired by the beautiful
Liberty Love Book.

 

These quilts started to appear over on Instagram and I just knew
I had to make one.  This quilt took me outside my comfort zone
and I had no idea how it would end up.  I was thinking scrappy
but didn't think my scrap containers could pull off what I had in my head.


I started with the two fabrics in the center and just let it grow and evolve.


I think that the addition of this black border was a defining point for this quilt.
It gave me more of a direction that I wanted to head in.



Front and back (with the help of Aiden) 

90% of this quilt top has come from my scrap buckets so it seemed
appropriate that the back be pieced from scraps and stash also.


Huge thank you to Linda at Ladybug Quilting for the custom quilting.
I just love how the details show on the black on the back.


(next quilt sent in for custom quilting is having a solid back to show off the quilting more)


I LOVE that I have feathers and pebbles on the same quilt :o)




Our Millrose Bloggie get together is in a few weeks
(all the details are on Shez's blog, right hand tab)

Guess what I'm taking for Show and Tell :)



This Quilt finishes at 59" x 59"

and when you ask your 15 year old to help,
well you get "googlie eyes" over the top of your quilt :o)


Thanks Aiden :o)

Have a fantastic day,
hugs Sharon



Photobucket

10 comments:

Stacey Napier said...

I absolutely adore this quilt! I bought this book for the sole purpose of making this quilt and I'm hoping to use stash-only also! It's a little intimidating, but I think the end result will be worth it :) Just gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

just awesome Shaz you are amazing my friend and i cant wait to see this in real life,well done kiddo.xx

Karen @ Pieces of Contentment said...

The black/gray has given your quilt breathing space, boundaries and contrast. The back and the quilting are wonderful. I like this best of all the Marcelle Medallion quilts I've seen.

Svetlana said...

wow, looks absolutely gorgeous!!!

Kirsten said...

Such a beautiful quilt - would love to make one of these one day.

Jodi - usairdoll said...

So gorgeous! Love your use of color and design. I'm still learning, hehe. You should be so proud of yourself!

usairdoll(at)gmail(dot)com

Marianne said...

Beautiful quilt!

Sharon - Lilabelle Lane said...

Thank you Ladies, hugs Sharon

Unknown said...

Very nice, love e centre block and jewel colours

Anonymous said...

Shaz your work always amazes me you are so clever and this quilt is just awesome,well done my friend.xx