Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, May 16, 2013

New quilt finish: Woodland Trails...

I created this fun quilt within the last few months. I don't normally go with these colors, but they really called to me. I think it was mostly the owls and hopping foxes. I mean, come on! I love this line a lot!  It is Les Amis by Patty Sloniger for Michael Miller. LOVE LOVE LOVE! There is the same line in a gray and aqua colorway. You will die! (or already have) 


I have a mix of applique. I just did fusible. Way to much turning under for me. I liked how the white squares made a trail, and the peach squares made a trail. That is how I came up with the name Woodland Trails...


I tried to machine free motion quilt it to make the peach trails stand out more, didn't really work, but I am still very happy with this quilt...


We don't have it in the shop just yet, but have it ready. Email me if you are interested in ordering this pattern.
Hope you like my entry into the Bloggers Quilt Festival from Amy's Creative Side. This is so much fun to see all the great quilts! It is so much fun to see all the creative people!


I am also entering this into the quilt-photographer category of the festival..



Photobucket

21 comments:

QuiltLaughLove said...

Gorgeous!

Bethe said...

Oh my word, this is beautiful! I love how the white squares pop against the other fabric. And bless you for doing all that appliqué--I tried it once but it was just so much work!
www.texaslovely.com

pennydog said...

I love the colours!

Anonymous said...

Very interesting quilt! Love the colors and design!

CitricSugar said...

So pretty! What a great use of that fabric!

Jenniffier said...

Looks wonderful!

Nita said...

I love the variation on the orange peel quilt!

Bethany said...

I love the colors. Great job!

Jennifer said...

I love both quilts! I really do love the photo you choose for the photography category! An amazing backdrop.

sonia said...

Both look beautiful! Congrats

Patti said...

I haven't seen this fabric line yet, but you sure have made it appealing! Great quilt!

UKMUMINUSA said...

Both quilts are beautiful, and I love the photo your entering into the photography category is gorgeous too. Good Luck.

Rachaeldaisy said...

2 very beautiful quilts!!

QuiltCandy said...

Gorgeous quilts and that is a stunning photograph with the mountains in the background!

Anonymous said...

Great colours. It can be hard to find those light peach shades but perhaps we will see more of them.

And congratulations on sticking with the applique!

Robin said...

I'm loving the fabrics you have in this one! A very fun quilt design as well. :)

straythreads said...

great quilts love the way it blends with the greenery!

DeborahGun said...

this is such a pretty quilt. I love this fabric line and you have matched it so well with the design you chose :-)

Sprightly Fabrics said...

Beautiful quilt the color selection plays so well with the background.

SarahZ said...

no fair using mountains ;) Absolutely gorgeous!

beckandlundy (Patty Sloniger) said...

Fabulous use of colors, I love the green against all the peach tones!