Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, July 29, 2013

Baby Clothes Quilt from Simplify and Quilt

Awesome baby clothes quilt today from Andra who blogs at Simplify and Quilt.  I want to do this with my children's clothing someday.  Such a beautiful way to preserve them!! Except I think my boys would have to share one quilt with all the handing down :)  This quilt is beautifully quilted to boot!  I had fun looking at all the little details.  Stop by Simplify and Quilt to see other great finishes by Andra on her sidebar.  Thanks for sharing!

This quilt was created, for a family friend, with all the baby clothes from their one child.  I received a huge, moving box full of clothes, in the mail.  The mother was having such a hard time thinking about getting rid of her daughter’s precious  clothes that she decided a quilt was in order. 


I tried to preserve all the cute appliques, iron on pictures, embroidery, ruffles and buttons that were the focus of most of the clothing items.  





I also included pockets from little pairs of jeans, some pieces of receiving blankets, and even a bib.  Almost all of the pieces had to be backed with iron on interfacing so that they would not stretch, just as you would use with any T-shirt quilt. 



The quilt went home with its family on July 5th.  They were very pleased and I have heard that the extended family literally spent hours looking at each block.  The little girl, who is now five, delighted in seeing her old clothes.  I think she specifically liked the frog “princess” in the middle. 


Photobucket

14 comments:

Amanda @ BedTime Quilting said...

I really want to do this! Except I think I'd make it out of all my children's clothes I have special memories of and make a quilt for mommy to cuddle under and remember.maybe make a section of the quilt dedicate to each kid.

Paula said...

Beautiful! Something that will always be treasured!

Whitney & Dan said...

This is my quilt and I could not be happier with how it turned out. On the back she added to photos of my daughter along with her birthday and a favorite bible verse I wanted. This is already a treasured keepsake that will be handed down for generations.

claudia said...

What an adorable quilt! It looks like so much fun to snuggle up in ad look at all the blocks.

Karolina @ B-craft said...

Woooooooooonderful.I really love it: )

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Way too cute....just love that bunny.

Sarah @ mila+cuatro said...

What an amazing way to preserve memories, I love that the quilting is specific to each block.

Joanie's Trendy Quilts said...

Love this darling memory quilt! What a treasure!

Patti said...

I've been making t-shirt quilts for years and you've outdone yourself! Beautiful job! And that little girl has a wonderful quilt to treasure!

Quiltingranny said...

#1- My fave is the pink rabbit and he quilting you did in the shape of butterflies, so sweet!

carla said...

Hi!!! I love it!!! It will be cherished for many years!!!! I love the butterfly and flower quilting!!! Very pretty!!!!

Unknown said...

Love this quilt. Great idea. Is there a patten available?

Unknown said...

This is a cool children place online. I was able to find girls and boys cool clothing and multiple items not just one item.
toddler boy

ดูหนังออนไลน์ฟรี said...

Don't leave this site alone. It has many benefits without you realizing it.ดูหนังออนไลน์