Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Lucky Stars QAL Square Block Tutorial...

Hi folks, how is everyone coming on their blocks? Hopefully you all have your stars done. If not, you can make it up this week, because this weeks block is an easy one.

  It is not too late to join is in the QAL! See these links to catch-up.



Today's block is the Square Block. You will be making 8 of these.

Take your variety of 8 6.5" x 6.5" squares.




 Sew the side background strips, 2.5" x 6.5" to the left and right side of your center 6.5" square. Press seams towards darker print. (in my case it was towards the block)

Next, add a 10.5" x 2.5" background strip to the top and bottom of the unit. Press towards the dark. 

Do this for all 8 blocks...


That's it.

Let us know how you are coming on your quilt...
Photobucket

5 comments:

Catherine said...

Phew! So glad to see this week's block is a quick one. :)

I'm still trimming my squares down to size for the star block. I'm looking forward to getting those blocks put together - so exciting! :)

Anjeanette said...

Glad it is an easy block this week. I'm finally ready to jump in and play. Although, I'm still deciding which fabric to use. Maybe by the time I hit my sewing machine, I will have figured it out.

Is there a flickr group for this?

Karen @dixielandcrafts said...

Hello ladies.... Well I finished my square blocks today and holy moly I loved that they were so quick and easy to put together. Now to go back and finish my stars! LOL

Sheila said...

I finished my square blocks and half my patch blocks. Hope to start some star blocks today. This is a pretty quilt. Thank you for doing this quilt along.

ดูหนังออนไลน์ฟรี said...

quality web knowledge It affects many things. You write a very beautiful article.ดูหนังออนไลน์