Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Hexagon (Heaven!) Quilt


Meg here.  I am beyond excited to share this quilt today!!!!!!  Eeeeek!!!

Yes I know it's Fabric Tuesday (and you can scroll through my loads of pictures to link up :)  But I'm being selfish this week and sharing my finish.


I could not wait for Briar Rose by Heather Ross to be available.  The first night Heather and I ordered enough to make everyone in our family a quilt.

Usually I hoard these fabrics, maybe it's because we got a lot...but I cut into it right away.

I bought a Hexagon ruler at Joann.  5.5" I believe.  I cut squares of fabric to that size, placed the ruler on top and trimmed the corners accordingly.  I used the awesome tutorial by Kati of from the blue chair.


I like most everything I make, and I love a lot of what I make.  I'm stuck up like that. But I LOVE this quilt.  Love.



I had this quilted by Logan in Utah at Chocolate Dipped Quilts.  A-MAZ-ING.  Seriously. I have looked it over and over and it is perfection.  Her stitches are unreal!! I have yet to see the tiniest mistake, and I know my piecing wasn't perfection so I'm not sure how she pulled it off.


It has this beautiful floral design that covers 6 hexie's and 1 in the center.  She connects each with this beautiful looping.


You can tell I've already been loving this quilt (not because it shows) because I know every square inch of it.  I threw it on my little 4 year old the other day and declared "this is my favorite quilt ever." which he promptly told me it wasn't his, he hated the fabrics and the pink and purple.  And yes, he has snuggled in it plenty since then!


I also have to say this the most snuggly quilt.  I definitely recommend the rosette minky that I got at Hobby Lobby.  On instagram someone asked Logan (who quilted this) if it was hard. She said it was not hard to  quilt, just messy!  And I've quilted a lot of other types of minky that weren't hard either.  So worth it.


You can send your next quilt to Chocolate Dipped Quilts (Logan) too!  Heather and I love sending our quilts out, whether we don't have the time or we want it to be extra special or, in my case, my machine doesn't have the capabilities I want sometimes.

Chocolate Dipped Quilts is located in Utah.  You can also mail her your quilt.  All of the pricing and details are on their site.




Thank you for indulging me.  Back to you guys!!

Fabric Tuesday #163
a couple of fun facts about Fabric Tuesday
*these can be WIPs too, you don't have to be finished!
*you can link up more than once
*you just have to use fabric ie doesn't have to be sewing or a quilt!





Photobucket

21 comments:

Teje Karjalainen said...

Hi Megan! I love your new quilt! Hexagons are perfect to show those beautiful fabriccs! This could be my Christmas quilt because it seems to be that I'll have purple, pink, orange and white for this season. Thanks for hosting again! x Teje

Julia Graber said...

Lovely hexie quilt. I'd be pleased too with it! Thank you for hosting the linky party again.

Lauren Deel said...

I LOVE Briar Rose, I LOVE your hexie quilt, and I LOVE Logan in Utah! Gorgeous quilt - I'm so glad you shared it!

Sara said...

You are making me want some briar Rose girl!! lol maybe for Christmas;) Gorgeousness is written all over this quilt! Great choice for the backing too!

Adventurous Quilter said...

That is a fantastic quilt, I made hexagon quilt with a template like that a while back and it is one of my favorites too, but your colors are spectacular!

Anonymous said...

Those colors are the best! And the backing...oh the backing!

Lorna McMahon said...

Gorgeous hexagon quilt, Megan! Just beautiful! Congrats on a wonderful finish!

RobotMomSews said...

Um, hello! This is an awesome quilt!! LOVE the minky back. You did a great job!! You should send it back to Utah and give it to me. ;) Muwahahaha. No for reals, great job!

Melanie said...

Beautiful quilt. I'm curious as to its size and how many hexies you used.

CountryBelle said...

I think I love it too ;)
Hexi's are a little on the intimidating side of things for me still, but you did amazing!

Chocolate Dipped Quilts said...

Thanks so much for letting me quilt it for you! You did such a great job with the piecing. I think I need to make one of these now. Soo cute!!

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

What a fun post. How could you not be in love with that quilt! Love your sons comments too....funny!

Enjoy!

Shelley @ Cora's Quilts said...

Beautiful quilt! The hexies are just perfect for this line!

Kay said...

Beautiful!!!

Jessica said...

This is stunning! Love it!

Jennie @ Porch Swing Quilts said...

Gorgeous quilt - I've made myself some giant ones using the Accuquilt hexie cutters and they are so fun!

Quilting Dee said...

Love hexies! Your quilt is fabulous! Well done. The quilting design really suits too.

Stacy Olson said...

I saw your quilt on Instagram and loved it, but now that I can see the details of the quilting, it truly is divine!

Laney said...

I love your new quilt, too - SOOOO pretty! I am a new follower, too. Thanks for hosting the link party.

Anonymous said...

Your hexagon quilt is beautiful Megan. Love it!! Thanks for hosting the linky party. Marie (mlismore@optusnet.com.au)

Stephanie @ Quarter Incher said...

EEEEK! I have a bundle of Heather Ross just begging to be cut! I want to copy you!!!