Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, August 30, 2010

Something sweet from Aunt Spicy

One of the many reasons I love this blog?   I get to search around hopping from cute blog to cute blog in search of quilts. Fun??!  Yes.  Which is where I came upon Aunt Spicy and her very sweet quilt.  It is so feminine and sweet, I really like it!  Okay okay, you can see too:


Confession. I have an addiction. My name is Aunt Spicy. And I can not get enough of Jennifer Paganelli fabric. Every print. Every color. I just love them.


So when my sweet friend had her second daughter, well I decided it was time to break out some of my favorite JP prints from her Flower Power line.


Loopy Vintage Floral in Fuchsia
Elizabeth Rose in Blue
Elizabeth Rose in Ivory
 

With fabrics in hand I quickly decided to use one of my favorite "go to" patterns, the disappearing nine patch. There are a lot of great tutorials out there on line, but you really can not go wrong with this pattern. Here is one I posted awhile ago, with different Jennifer Paganelli fabrics of course.  And, yes, cutting into a perfect nine patch is a bit scary, but it is so much fun to rearrange the new pieces.

Once I had the top finished, well life got the best of me. I broke my foot. The holidays came and went. And then the East Coast was blanketed in snow.  Which ended up being the perfect time to get projects finished.

photo credits to Lindi at Love The Day

So I sewed the back with more Jennifer Paganelli Elizabeth Rose. I had some fuchsia fabric with little birds in my stash (but don't remember the designer) that also found its way in. Added some bright pink ric rac (how can you not love, super love ric rac?) and voila! It was a happy burst of spring through the seriously cold winter!

photo credits to Lindi at Love The Day

Now I try not to have favorites, but maybe, just maybe, all the other baby blankets will forgiving me for loving this one just a little more!

photo credits to Lindi at Love The Day

A huge thanks to Heather and Megan, for hosting such an amazing blog full of inspiration!

Thank you Aunt Spicy!  Love the quilt, and I super love ric rac too!  It is one of my favorite parts about this quilt, just something a little unexpected.  Make sure to stop by her blog and say hi!

And everyone please come by again tomorrow, we will be hosting (for the second week)
FABRIC TUESDAYS
a linky party.
The rules?  It needs to be some kind of craft/creative project where you used FABRIC!  You could have altered a dress, appliqued something, made new pillows, a quilt, really anything you've created (or changed) with fabric!  So come by, link up and check out the fun projects :)

7 comments:

Anne at Film and Thread said...

I love Aunt Spicy's blog and this quilt is just an example why. So beautiful and the ric-rac edge just is the perfect finish!

John'aLee said...

That is one adorable quilt!

amy smart said...

I love Aunt Spicy's blog too. She has inspired me in my own Jennifer Paginelli love. :)

Sand and Sunshine said...

Great site, and of course Kudos to Aunt Spicy, if it's beautiful it's Aunt Spicy's!

lovetheday said...

I'm a bit biased (because I am the now owner of this gem), but this is the most beautiful quilt ever! I love wrapping my babies up in it.

And I LOVE Aunt Spicy.

Artsy Aut said...

Everything Aunt Spicy touches turns out beautiful! I love this quilt, and the ric rac is perfect!!

amylouwhosews said...

I think I told you already how much I love this and its ric rac binding! Lovely!