Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, September 17, 2010

Hot Cross from Madame Samm

First, congrats to Madame Samm of Sew I Quilt for her 2nd place quilt win through Moda/Schnibbles Martingale Contest!!  It is an amazing quilt, she definitely deserves to be one of the winners.  And lucky us, today we get to see and read more about this oh so pretty quilt.  Also, make sure you stop by Sew I Quilt, and check out some of her great projects on flickr.

I just won today (Wednesday) the Moda/Schnibbles contest, came in 2nd overall~! This was my very first quilt, and my very first win. I chose Carrie Nelson's Hot Cross for a variety of reasons. I love them, they symbolize for me Christmas and they would go very well with 12 days of Christmas Fabric by Kate Spain. I added the lyrics of Let it Snow all around the quilt which I called the same. I added black patent leather buttons to represent raisins on the buns and to me it screams HOLIDAYS.
    I have already been approached for patterns and a book...I think some are possibly over the top excited, but really no match to the excitement of feeling like I sew belong to the Quilt World. My passion has been decades of sewing creatively in vintage design, home decor and a home wear line...'cause home is where you where them... I began as a doll maker and soon was sew inspired each time I placed orders for quilting fabric that I thought why not venture in the unknown , I am a quick learn...   
Sew here I am, now on my 3rd design, I hand quilt each of my quilts and even have time to make
halloween towels, runners and purses..
blessings madame samm
http://sewdollswhosnext.blogspot.com

8 comments:

Angie said...

This quilt is amazing. The colors with the pattern are very pretty!

Anonymous said...

It's so beautiful! Congrats on your win!

onlymehere said...

Did I read that right that this is your pattern? Where do I buy it? I think the buttons were absolutely the icing on the cake, ahem, bun! I'm loving your style!
Cindy

Sparky said...

Hello my dear ladies...oh how exciting to be here with all of you and Megan and Heather, thank you...Now please correct me the design is Carrie Nelson's of Schnibbles...When I said designed I guess I meant adding the foot pocket, the buttons and the lyrics of Let it snow to make it my unique interpretation...But I did design it as far as layout and hand quilted..lol...And yes my very first although since then I made a lounge runner and I just completed another quilt called Bedtime just yesterday...Today I am off "designing" my first quilt..of mine...so stay tuned...hope I answered all of your questions..as I do not get your comments in my inbox...blessings you made my day ladies...madame samm

Char said...

Congratulations on the win! Love the the quilt, I agree it's perfect for Christmas. Continued success.

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

Congratulations!! What a beautiful quilt. And using the black patent leather buttons for the raisins was just the topper!!

Karen said...

Congratulations on your win! I love, love, love this quilt and the fabrics you used!

Karen

Sparky said...

Dearest Heather and Megan, Karen, S.Stitches, Char and Ellen...thank you...it is lovely to hear comments from those who have the same passion...it is very inspiring...bless you all.
madame samm