Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Fluff and Nonsense Baby Quilt

Today Leslie from Fluff and Nonsense is sharing a quilt made for her soon-to-be-arriving sweet baby girl.  This is such a perfect little pattern for a baby, and I love the fabrics that Leslie chose.  So put your feet up and enjoy a good quilt story!

I did it!! I checked off another finish before the baby comes....this baby girl quilt(using Oh Fransson's pattern, inspired by Emily) turned out better than i had hoped.
I had the flimsy finished last week in time for sew and tell...however it took me a little longer to complete the rest of the steps...piecing the back, basting, quilting and binding. You know, all those things that make a bunch of fabric that you cut into tiny pieces a real quilt.
I even gave it the good old wash and dry. I was fighting with myself about this, as usual, but in the end i forced my own hand and it was just fine. Thank goodness for color catchers...i use them even when i probably don't need them, because it makes me feel better. I was worried that the nicey jane fabrics and the osnaburg would shrink differently, but they were surprisingly the same! Hooray!
I quilted it with my standard straight line method using my walking foot and some thread that i had stashed away for just the right project. I used a king tut brand variegated thread that had most of the colors in this quilt and just a hint of pink. This was my first time working with variegated thread and it looks really cool. I like it. I am not sure if you can see it in any of these pictures, you might just have to take my word for it.
Many thanks to my little quilt holder. I chose these pictures, above, because i loved the shadows of her in each shot.

I am so flattered to be featured and included in your blog along with the other amazing quilters that you have shared before....people whose blogs i read and i never consider myself at the same quilting caliber as they are. this is so amazing to me. thank you.

Thank YOU Leslie for letting us share!  This quilt is beautiful.

5 comments:

Leslie said...

thank you so much...i did not realize that in my post i was not that clear about the gender of the baby. i made this to be the girl version, since we don't know what we are having, and have made a different one for a boy with very different fabric!!! i am so excited to see my quilt here today. thanks again ladies for featuring this

Angela Nash said...

Fabulous quilt - I especially love the osnaburg with the Nicey Jane!

Sequana said...

You have done just a marvelous job here! And it reminds me to get out my osnaburg again.

I like the shadows of the quilt holder too. *S*

grammajill said...

Love this!!

Jim Rhodes said...

This quilt is amazing! I am really impressed with these photos. I might post them https://essaydragon.com/blog/argumentative-essay-writing on this webpage.