Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, November 15, 2010

Handmade by Heidi, baby quilt...

Heidi from her cute Handmade by Heidi blog made this darling quilt for her friends baby. This is a sweet story of friendship and love. Heidi has loads of fun stuff on her blog. One super fun thing she does is a Friday Night Sew in, where everyone can link up their Friday night projects. I think I am going to be joining that party! Thanks Heidi...


" Have you ever made a friend at work? A friend that you always know you will keep in touch with? Well, I have one of those friends - her name is Katherine. She's funny and dramatic and always made me laugh.

Her and I happen to be the same age.. just a few weeks apart. Now I must admit - when she told me her and her man were trying to have another baby, I thought she was crazy. And I'm pretty sure I told her that.. more than once. But that was because my youngest and final child is 6yrs old and keeps me busier than rush hour traffic on a Friday.. before a holiday.



But I admired her determination and prayed for her during her struggles. Knowing that any baby that was wanted this much - was going to be loved beyond belief.

Once she discovered she was having a girl - I was super excited to make a quilt for her. Since I only have boys - I'm always ready to make something girly!



I used Woodland Bloom by Lila Tueller and the backing is super soft flannel from the same line. Moda really knows how to do flannel!

I also made a matching Brainy Baby Ball. It was fun to make and it's hard to put it down. It's soft.. and fits in your hand perfectly. I love this thing!! After it was done though.. I wished I had sewn some bells inside.

And even though Katherine and I no longer work together - and we live 1,800 miles apart, I've been able to keep up on Baby Josephine's milestones through pictures and updates. She's adorable and I hope she knows how much I enjoyed making this little gift for her! "

Baby Josephine with the quilt.



Photobucket

8 comments:

Leslie said...

what a great story.....the quilt is gorgeous

Megan said...

the baby ball is a-dorable! I love how it matches the quilt!

SewSara said...

what a great gift and look how adorable that baby girl is!!

thanks for sharing :)

Kathi said...

That is one gorgeous baby! The quilt is awesome too! :)

Thanks Heidi!!!!

Kim said...

Seems that your friend has been blessed with family and a very dear friend in you, Heidi! This quilt has a wonderful story attached to it's history. :-D

Barb said...

just adorable and that little one looks so cute and comfy with her new quilt!

Val said...

Your baby quilt is beautiful. And I loved you featuring Heidi. She is great at what she does. She encourages all of us to get to sewing. I love her Friday Night Sew In's

stesle said...

Full Article https://www.dolabuy.ru/ hop over to here view it now look these up look these up