I finished this quilt that my fellow EMQG The Bee bee'ers made some of the blocks for. I had choosen wonky stars and got some absolutely stunning stars back. To make it large enough for our queen bed I added some wonky log cabins too. This was the first time I have ever made a quilt totally improvised and it was so fun!
Add a little here to make this row longer...
Add some more here because I need more of this color...you know the drill.
I also wanted to use up the majority of the fabric that I had purchased for this quilt because I had purchased wayyyy tooo much and would be using this in every project for the next 5 years if I had not put it all here!
So brace yourselves for the picture fest!
This pix of the back shows how I pieced it all together in a quilt-as-you go fashion. This was going to be so huge and I wanted some heavy quilting and did NOT want to shove it thru my little machine. I quilted in squares and randome stars all over. Just like drawing stars, these were incredibly easy and incredibly FUN!
I did the center "orange" section first, which is approximately crib quilt sized and then added each of the borders one at a time quilting them as I added them in.
I quilted over the joining seams of the batting and you cannot even feel where the batting is all pieced together.
I absolutely L. O. V. E. how this turned out!
As you can see it is all sorts of wonky...I offset the center stars with their log cabin border for some funk. Little stars....giant stars...hence the name "Cabin in the Stars". Yes, cheesy I know....
Now to be brave enough to actually use it!