Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Fabric Tuesday, my Easter outfits...

Congrats to the winner of Joyful soul fabrics...lucky!




Blogger Jennifer said...
I'm following them on their blog! how awesome is that fabric!
April 5, 2012 10:41 AM

 Okay, tell me I am  not the only one who has done this...I told my husband I don't neednew matchy matchy outfits for all the 5 kids this Easter, I love doing it, but it adds up, and nobody needs new clothes. But I really wanted this super cute outfit fit for my little man Moosehead. Then on Friday (2 days before Easter) I decided that I desperately did want them to be matchy matchy on Easter, at least coordinate. I didn't want to spend much money though, plus I already made a deal with my husband.  I rushed to Material Girls (my LQS) and bought a few adorable prints to make my oldest and youngest girls some Easter clothes. (The other 2 girls I just pulled from their closets)


I followed this tutorial. Turns out you need to be exactly this girls size to make this, or be smart enough beforehand to figure that even though you can tie the top, if it is to big (which it was) it wouldn't really work properly, all twisted in back, and bunched up skirt that didn't lay nice. I tried to tweak it and make it work, but in the end, 3 hours before church on Sunday, I basically restarted. I love how it turned out, even though it was still to big for her....

I followed this tutorial I found on pinterest. Using some darling Heather Bailey, ruby for sleeves, and woodland tails for the main body. LOVE it!  I already had the woodland tails from this gorgeous pile of fabric I got in the mailbox a week ago from intrepid thread. This is my favorite Riley Blake line right now, freakin' cute!



 And this is how darling they all turned out!  Cute kids huh?  Ahh they make my heart pitter patter...



And I may blow this photo up really large for my entry, the one I have now only has the three oldest girls, pathetic I know!   What do you think?

What did you guys spin up this week? Can't wait to see...

Fabric Tuesday #81
Click HERE for more information!


18 comments:

Nicky said...

Lovely group photo at the end - particularly love those missing teeth - signs of growing up!

Pat Merkle said...

Great family pictures!

CityHouseStudio said...

Your family is adorable!
I was frantically sewing up until Easter, too - and my husband said something like "didn't you tell me last year to remind you NOT to do this again this year?!?!" Oh, well!

Sarah Craig said...

What a great photo - I would definitely blow it up and put it in the entry!!!

Josie McRazie said...

Great pic!! My last big pic of my kids says right on it 2007!! I know! I feel ya!! LOL

Debbie said...

I totally would have gone to all that trouble when the kids were small. Just darling!! Beautiful children all!!

Laura said...

You must blow it up! Your daughter with the missing front tooth is too cute!

Carolyn said...

That is a great picture of all the kids. You should totally blow it up for our entry! And they all look cute in their matchy outfits. I find now that for family gatherings my sisters and I still end up matching even though we don't try to.
~Carolyn

Svetlana said...

Aaaah, they all looks so adorable in their gorgeous coordinating outfits. Way to go mom!!! Ypu're my hero. My only rule for the kids this Easter morning was no jeans or stretchy pants.

Amanda said...

Great pic. It looks like a real picture and real smiles. That kind always needs to be big in an entry! Whenever we have a great shot it goes in the entry along with all the others. I rotate occasionally but i like the jumbled history of our growings and goings.

Hitch and Thread said...

Lovely kids, lovely pictures. They're all nicely coordinated without being too matchy-matchy. Could you please tell me what fabrics you used for the skirt.

Gigi's Thimble said...

oh so cute! love the fabrics you used! The family pictures turned out great. i think you should definitely blow that black and white one up for your entry way!


p.s. yes, lets do lunch next week. i can do almost any day except wednesday. let me know what works for you.

amber

Studio Paars said...

Thanks for hosting! Love that last picture of your family :)

Amy's Crafty Shenanigans said...

Thank you for the link party! There is so much inspiration to be found here! I follow your wonderful blog too. Thanks from[Amy's} Crafty Shenanigans -- www.craftyshenanigans.blogspot.co.uk :)

Amy said...

I just started following you. I found you on Moda and I love all the projects you share on your blog. Stop on over and visit me, I just started blogging about a month ago. www.sewincrediblycrazy.blogspot.com

Marion said...

When I saw that dress I remember something. My Mom created a dress same as that from the old mens clothing.

Rosa said...

Great photos and beautiful dresses!

Latane Barton said...

I am your newest follower. Love the Fabric Tuesday!!!