Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, April 20, 2012

Wonky crosses quilt...


Isn't this "wonky crosses" quilt great? I still want to make another red and aqua quilt, just not over the color scheme... These blocks were all part of a swap participated in by Emily of Creative chicks at play. A cute blog that together three sisters share their projects. (which of course makes me happy, that Megan and I share this blog makes it all so much more fun!) Stop by their site and have some fun...

Happy Easter everyone!
We enjoyed a low key affair ~ Beautiful church services, gorgeous weather, time with family, egg dying, too much chocolate, and yummy food.  The perfect way to spend the day! 

This quilt is the product of a little flickr swap I participated in last fall.  I thought it appropriate to reveal on Easter Sunday.

  
These wonky cross blocks are super easy to make and lend themselves well to slash and stitch type sewing.  Great for swapping.  All it took was one day of frantic cutting and sewing and I was able to make 35 blocks to swap.

For the backing I used a recycled turquoise gingham sheet I bought last year.  It works perfectly.  And makes the quilt amazingly soft.  The binding is a nice little red (nothing fancy) piece I had in my stash.  Red seemed the obvious choice.
  
This way of swapping is so great, in my opinion, because you get tons of variety without having to have tons of stash.  I sent it 35 blocks, but in reality they were all kind of the same looking.  But once you mix them all up with what everyone else sends in... look at all the awesomeness!



Wonky Cross Tutorial
My blocks are 10" finished
Quilt measures 60" by 70"
Teal We Meet Again Flickr Group
Quilted by Lynn 

Photobucket

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

That looks like plain old fun!

Kelli Fannin Quilts said...

Loving the wonky crosses and that color scheme never gets old! :o)

Susan said...

Love red and aqua! And what a great name.."Teal We Meet Again"!!

beaquilter said...

so cute!! I see the danish flag in there :-)

Cherie said...

The pattern is great! The aqua, red never fails! =D

Mary Menzer said...

I was in that group also, and I love my blocks! Your quilt looks fantastic! These were easy blocks to make, and being in the swap gave us such variety while staying in the same color scheme. An inspiration to get my blocks sewn together!

Mary Menzer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Richard Majece said...
This comment has been removed by the author.