Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, April 23, 2012

Patchwork n Play's Sunnybrook Farm Quilt


I just love these farmer's wife's quilts, they are amazing blocks and great stories behind them.  Combine that with some fabulous Denyse Schmidt prints and you've got Suz from Patchwork n Play's Sunnybrook Farm Quilt!  Gorgeous!  I love her combination of prints and I think her use of the polka dot as the background print is fabulous!  After you read her story make sure to see Patchwork n Play, her tutorials and a fun to-do list!

Time and the weather have conspired somewhat against me this week.....

But I really wanted to share my 'finish' for March!


(That's three quilts finished in three months!)

So inside photos will have to do...

My FW quilt, AKA "Sunnybrook Farm" is done!


I stippled all around each of the 48 blocks.....


quite Denysely densely, as is my method!

The back folded over to the front
This is the biggest quilt I've ever quilted myself...

57 " by 72 "

The binding is a pretty DS print...


which contrasts nicely with both the sunny back and the spotty front!

The blocks all stand out proudly from the background, which is the effect I was 

after!

I think it let's all the blocks 'shine'!

And a view of the pieced back!

Can you tell why I have called it "Sunnybrook Farm"?

Apart from the obvious sunny backing, "Rebecca of Sunnybrook Farm" was one

of my Mother's favourite films.

And this reminds me of my Mum!

She was a bit of a farm girl when she was young.

I know my Mum would have loved this quilt....

Well, that's not quite true.....


My Mum loved EVERYTHING I made!

Doesn't yours?

Happy Sewing!

SUZ

Photobucket

14 comments:

Rachaeldaisy said...

Suz, this quilt is simply stunning! It makes me want so start sewing up FW blocks so I can do the lay out just like you have. Well done for quilting it yourself, it real makes those wonderful blocks stand out!

Canadian Abroad said...

Susan makes fabulous things and it is wonderful to see her featured.

Erin @ Why Not Sew? Quilts said...

love your quilt, Suz!

Debbie said...

Very nice! Love the dotty background and also your choice for binding.

AnnieK said...

Oh I love this! It's so cheerful and happy looking! :-)

needle and nest said...

My goodness, this quilt is incredible! I love, love, love the colors and prints. And I just used that very same binding fabric to bind a baby quilt! :)

Mary said...

Suz this quilt is just incredible! The blocks look like jewels popping up from a sea of dots. It is so sunny and fresh! Your mom would have loved it :)

Cherie said...

The quilt looks a amazing. Love the back and binding =D

Cynthia@wabisabiquilts said...

This is one beautiful quilt! I love the polka dot background and the dense quilting is so smart.

Sherryl said...

Wow. You have turned your FW quilt into something that is truly one of a kind! I love the way you set the squares. And the colors and the background fabric. Dang, but that is fabulous. Gorgeous. I enjoy you your creativity!

www.randomthoughtsdoordi.com said...

I loved following along on Susan trip through the farm with Denyse. This was such a fun series that she featured on her blog and she ended up with a beautiful quilt too

JoAnne in southern California said...

I am positively blown away by this quilt, it's so pretty, so colorful and so happy!

Lucy | Charm About You said...

I ADORE Susan's quilt! Reading her story making the blocks was a lot of fun too. Wonderful quilt to feature :)

Swedish Scrapper said...

beautiful quilt, lovely story! I love those colors, and iwth the polka dot background and sashing it is just divine!