Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Sue's half moon modern log cabin...

Look at this amazing quilt from Sue daurio! The quiting is awesome! Sue has tons of finishes, 2011 here, 2010 here, 2012 here...WOW. I think love the colors in this quilt, almost rainbow, and then the quilting reminds me of rainbows. Anyhow, LOVE this quilt...

I learned how to do Baptist fans!!  I have a rainbow quilt for a good friend of mines daughter that I wanted to quilt rainbows on, this quilt was practice for that.  This will be one of my Hands 2 Help quilts.  I've also posted the Eq7 project on the projects tab.  But really you don't need E7 for this.  All you need is a jelly row and some other coordinating fabric.  I started with a 2.5 x 10.5 in strip.  Added 1.5 inch strips all the way around.  Then 2.5 inch strips all the way around, then 1.5, then 2.5....until you are happy with the size.  Easy as can be!!

Oops my slipper is in the picture...really I left that in the middle of the floor?  Yikes don't tell my husband :)

This is my first quilt finished for H2H - check out the button on the side bar, it's not too late to join in. 


Photobucket

33 comments:

Megan said...

This is gorgeous!

Susan said...

The quilting is stunning! A real rainbow!

Lisa Sipes said...

I just saw this quilt on her blog a few days ago. Love the quilt and the quilting as inspired me to try this myself on the longarm! Just have to get the right templates. Thanks for sharing!

Mary Menzer said...

Very bright and cheerful quilt, I think this would make an awesome pattern for a baby quilt.
I'm sure the recipient will be thrilled.

Sarah Craig said...

Beautiful quilt, Sue! Those Baptist Fans are great, too - I need to give those a try.... Thanks for plugging Hands2Help, also. If anyone's wondering what it is, you can check out the tab on my blog page,

http://confessionsofafabricaddict.blogspot.com

✾Jamie Lee Cooley✾ said...

What a beautiful quilt. I love everything about it!

Deborah said...

This is one of my all time favorite quilts from the colors to the quilting. Sue is one fabulous quilter!
http://simplymissluella.blogspot.com/

Shontelle said...

I too am a sucker for baptist fans. Your quilt looks great. Love the grey.

Sara Kalish said...

Love this quilt, putting in on my quilt do to list!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

It is so wonderful to see you here Sue! And this quilt is just stunning. A simple pattern just made to dazzle with your amazing quilting - the Baptist Fan is perfect.

Carrie P. said...

Stunning! Love the quilting!

Kat said...

Isn't Sue amazing? I just love this quilt!

Becky said...

Just crazy about the quilting on this one and my girls would LOVE the colors! So beautiful!

Liz DandeliondD said...

Wow - I love the colours and really love the quilting. How do you go about quilting like that?
Kind regards
http://lizofdandeliondaydreams.blogspot.co.uk/

Tamie said...

I really like this. And I love your fans.

Cherie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cherie said...

Love the quilt! What a great quilting pattern and so love those fabrics! =D

Jan said...

Great quilt & I love the fan quilting!

Barlow Baby said...

Love it's perfect simplicity!

Jennie P. said...

I LOVE this! Just gorgeous. It should be in a magazine.

Lucy | Charm About You said...

So beautiful!! I really want to know how to do baptist fans?!

sandyb said...

This quilt is truly amazing - when I opened my email update this morning - it put a smile on my face -

Thank you for sharing:)

dream quilt create said...

Your quilt is so gorgeous!! The quilting is amazing. Truly an inspiration.

Rosa said...

Such gorgeous quilt.I love.the quilting is fantastic!!

nancy cantril said...

Oh so wonderful!! Will you share the fabric names for the butterflies and polka dots?? Happy quilting!

Lisa said...

Sue is so talented. The first time I saw this quilt I wanted one. I only wish she could quilt it when I got done. The fans are beautiful.

JoAnne in southern California said...

This quilt is so pretty. Thanks to your work this quilt will be a wonderful hug for someone in need.

Cynthia@wabisabiquilts said...

I really like the quilting on this one!!

Karen Propes said...

I fell in love with this quilt the 1st time I saw it. I have this as my next to do. Thanks you so much for sharing,

Regina said...

What does this mean and how do I find it? "I've also posted the Eq7 project on the projects tab." I cannot find a "projects' tab on this website.
Tahnk you
Regina

yanmaneee said...

yeezy 700
jordan 12
golden goose
moncler
air jordans
air jordan
golden goose sneakers
curry 6 shoes
kevin durant shoes
cheap jordans

Unknown said...

get more redirected here this page Web Site my link click for info

seaubea said...

x4g67h7o28 g6l20p5u40 s1r33i6z07 w3j20u1u35 x4x77n6x18 j1t13i7e86