Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Reversible Chevron Quilt from My Fabric Relish

Today's feature is by Melissa from My Fabric Relish.  It is such a cute little personalized quilt she made, love it!  My Fabric Relish has some really darling posts for all of us sewing/fabric/quilt lovers.  I love this darling make-up pouch she made and this giant star quilt we featured yesterday on Fabric Tuesday.  Enjoy the feature and then stop by My Fabric Relish to see another darling blog!

Hi y'all! I was commissioned (by my mother...haha) to make a baby quilt for her co-worker's daughter, who is due in July, and so excited to share it with you. My mom loved the fabric I used for my niece's quilt from Christmas (Coquette by Chez Moi for Moda) and lucky for her I still had another layer cake just sitting pretty in my lovely stash. So I stewed on it for about a month (ok, two) trying to decide what I wanted to do with it. I wanted it to be simple but hip to a young mom. I decided to go with my easy peasy chevron on the front and then a 5 inch square patchwork on the back. This quilt only takes one layer cake, 12-10" squares for the white (less than 1/2 yard), and then less than 1/2 yard for the binding. I just took my white squares from my bella solid - white layer cake because I was too lazy to cut up the 10" squares. 







I decided to make a little cheat sheet/pattern for y'all! If you would like the cheat sheet pattern, you can download it here



Note: The 5" patchwork side (back) is a tad bit smaller than the chevron side. I recommend treating this as the front when you are basting but be sure to line up the front and back as straight as possible and in the center. You will have to trim off about an inch on each side of the chevron side. Make sense? 



My flower applique came from another pattern; therefore, I can't share that with you. Bummer and I'm sorry. However, you can easily replicate the image or just leave it off. I did a quick Google image search of flower color pages and got tons of hits like this one for example here! You can then print a letter in any font from your computer and trace both the flower and letter using freezer paper method to transfer. I just machine appliqued it on using a zigzag stitch. Pretty straight forward. 



I followed the chevron pattern for my quilting and then stitched-in-the-ditch for the vertical lines.



Finished size (make sure you make note on the cheat sheet since I forgot to put it on there...oops) is 37" x 50"!



And what is a photo shoot without my relishes bombing it! 




Bailey loves giving kisses to baby relish. Baby relish thinks it's funny.




Hope you enjoy and please let me know if you make one!

Melissa

Photobucket

9 comments:

Lorna McMahon said...

Adorable! Great job, Melissa! I love it! Sharing this, with a link back, on my facebook page at http://facebook.com/sewfreshquilts.

Needled Mom said...

That is darling - so fresh and girlie looking.

Melissa at My Fabric Relish said...

Thanks Lorna!!! You are just too sweet!!

Melissa at My Fabric Relish said...

Thanks Needled Mom! I'm quite honored to be featured here!!

Melissa at My Fabric Relish said...

Oh, thanks so much! What a lovely surprise to see this morning!!

the gathering girls said...

very sweet baby quilt!

RobotMomSews said...

Very cute! Love the two-sided idea too!

KatieQ said...

This is adorable. Thanks for sharing.

ดูหนังออนไลน์ฟรี said...

I really enjoyed reading your article. It is helpful to many people.ดูหนังออนไลน์