Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, December 17, 2010

Christmas runner finished!

Hi all, I know it is a bold move to go and post a project less than 24 hours after Megan's award winning quilt. (well I think she should have won an award...) However, no awards have technically been issued yet, but enough with the technicalities...  

I have a fun new project I made with the Lil' Twister tool...  here we go...

I apologize about the poor photos, but crafting into the wee hours of night means no natural light, so i had to use the camera flash, which means crappy photos...


create whatever size you want. The little twister works on 5" charm squares, or you can buy a 10" layer cake twister tool...




You do this all over the quilt...


It is pretty easy to see how to twist it together once you get going, but I did sew each time I cut a row so as not to get lost and confused...(which happens to me often...sad!)


Does it look like I spent hours using a template? (Don't say so if it doesn't)


I just did some diagonal straight line quilting, and it is done!


Top her off with some glittery garland, cake stand and an arrogant dear and you are sure to have a cute table topper that your 18 month old will destroy within 24 hours. But it sure was cute for that 24 hours!

Photobucket

19 comments:

Joanna @ ShapeMoth said...

It is simply amazing :) Wonderful work. Thanks for the idea!

Jocelyn said...

Wow it looks gorgeous!

QuilterMary said...

GREAT project. I've not seen this tool. A tool I don't have? Oh my - need to fix this after Christmas. Already have the charms. Thanks for the inspiration.

Amanda said...

i love it! Great job!

Amanda
todaystoptwenty.blogspot.com

Becky (My Fabric Obsession) said...

This is so cool! And funny because I just posted something similar that I did without the little template. And I didn't line up my colors the same way so I got a totally different effect. I love yours!

Sarah Craig said...

That is REALLY NEAT!!! I've never seen the tool before, and I think I'd have a hard time cutting up something I'd already gotten to flimsy stage, but I may give it a try!!

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

Awesome runner! I love the non-traditional Holiday colors! It's an adorable centerpiece! I love it :)
Thanks for sharing! and have a wonderful weekend!
hugs,
margie

Anonymous said...

Wow...a little twister...I've never seen or heard of that before! The runner/topper is awesome...I need to go sew. =)

Becky said...

How clever! Looks great! My boys are thankfully beyond the quilt destruction stage, but I got this dog....

Unknown said...

How fun!
I don't usually buy the acrylic templates, but I think I need this one!

Christie describeHappy said...

Wait... go slower. You made the easy peasy runner. Then used the twisting tool... cut a bunch more and voila... a runner that looks like you spent a zillion hours to make? That's gorgeous!! I'm sold on that little thing!!

Lee said...

Wow, I just saw the Little Twister thingy at my LQS and was intrigued. Now I think I better go back and pick one up! Thanks for sharing this beautiful runner!

Diane Bohn said...

That is seriously the cutest thing I have ever seen! I really love it! :) Thanks for sharing! I think I now know exactly what I want to do with my Christmas charm pack... and maybe ever pack that I have. lol. :)

Corrie said...

that's darling!

H said...

I love this runner and the fabric - please can someone tell me what it is?! It's just the sort of thing I had in mind for a Christmas quilt that's swirling round my head...Many thanks!

Wendy said...

This is so cute!

Cristin said...

Wow thats a cool tool! Who would have thunk? Seems like a lot of extra work but hey, if you have the time, its an awesome design! :-)

Karee said...

Rec'd the 5" & 10" Lil Twister for Christmas and your tut is just what I needed to see it in action. Thank you. Now to get back to tackling the stash!

เว็บ เกม สล็อต said...

168galaxy เว็บไซต์รวม สล็อต ทุกค่าย ฝาก ถอน ไม่มีอย่างต่ำเป็นเว็บไซต์ที่ให้บริการเกมค่าย pg slot เว็บไซต์ตรง แล้วก็เป็นแหล่งรวมค่าย สล็อตใหญ่ที่สุดในประเทศ และมาแรงที่สุด