Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, December 13, 2010

Raggedy Owl's quilt for Weston

First let me just say THANK YOU!  You all have been so sweet to me with your birthday wishes and honestly I appreciate each and every one.  It is so touching to see all those comments from people who I've never met in real life.  And I did have a great birthday and topped it off with a weekend craft getaway!!

Remember that Megan's give away of part of her stash to one of our followers runs through this Friday.  Check out this post for more details and to see the fabric!

Okay and now today's feature is Angela from Raggedy Owl.  She's got a really cute site, so fun to browse through.  I especially love these Christmas pillows she just finished.  Well I found this quilt being featured today through her flickr  account and asked her to please share!  I especially {heart} the backing!



This is Weston's quilt. He really wanted bright colors and triangles, so this is what we came up with.



This quilt is full of American Jane (Happy Campers, Wee Play, Recess) and Katie Jump Rope, with a little bit of Amy Butler and Lush thrown in. The backing is from an Ikea duvet cover, and the binding is Lush woodgrain.


It is slightly narrower than a typical twin sized quilt. I made it that way so that it would comfortably fit the boys' bunkbeds without hanging over the edges too much.


And Weston really loves it. :)



And look, she made matching ones for the brothers!!!  How cute is that photo?



Thanks Angela!  Psst Megan posted some of her Christmas decor on Fresh Poppy Design, check it out! :)
Photobucket

4 comments:

Quiet Quilter said...

Love the last photo! And the quilts!

Wendy said...

Aw, I agree that last photo is adorable! And the quilts look SO comfy!

C said...

So cute! I love the triangle pattern.

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

Oh my goodness! I adore that last pic with all those cute toes :)
LOVE this quilt! My boys would LOVE this too! I definitely have to bookmark this! It's just SO cute!
Happy Monday :)
hugs, margie