Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, July 30, 2012

Big news!

A year ago Heather and I would not have thought we would be sharing this news with you today!  About last September we were contacted by some lovelies at Moda Bake Shop asking if we would like to be contributors in an upcoming book....um YES!!!  We had a short deadline to get some samples and sketches together and submit them for approval.  And they chose three of our projects!! Eeeek!!  The book is called Sweet Celebrations with the Moda Bake Shop Chefs:


The book is filled with awesome projects by way-more-awesome-than-us chefs for celebrations we all have year round, birthdays, holidays, back to school,etc..  I cannot wait to see the book in person!

So one October weekend Heather and I did something sneaky.  VERY sneaky.  Only five people knew about this until now.  Our mom, me, my husband, Heather and her husband.  I flew to Utah for the weekend and Heather and I crafted our hearts out!  She picked me up from the airport late at night, we hit a Walmart for essentials nowhere near any friends or family and headed to my parents.  Our parents were in England so we had their big beautiful home to ourselves and we got it good and messy.  With the aid of some Lifetime Original Movies we completed all of our projects for the book in less than 72 hours!  Not only did I not have any spare time to visit, but the book was top secret so we couldn't let anyone know I was in town!!

Here are our projects:


 Isn't that banner pillow Heather made darling??


Super sweet birthday hats.


And a sweet valentine's mailbox!!

There you have it!  We are so so so so excited :)


Photobucket

25 comments:

Teje Karjalainen said...

Congratulations dear friends! I'm so happy for you and I just love all your projects! You have really wonderful and unique ideas and you make them so beautiful! x Teje

Janice @ Better off Thread said...

That is so exciting and I'm so happy for both of you! I don't think anyone could blame you for being sneaky. A 72 hour sewing and Lifetime marathon sounds divine. I can't wait to see the book!

Eileen said...

Congratulations!

Shontelle said...

Congratulations! Your projects are lovely.

Dorian said...

Congratulations, both of you. How fun and exciting! Cute projects, it looks like a great book.

Mary Menzer said...

Truly wonderful! Looking forward to seeing this book, Congratulations!

Mommarock said...

Sounds like quite the event! Looks like wonderful projects, exciting book!

Debbie said...

Exciting for you both! Congrats!!

needle and nest said...

Congratulations! How very exciting to be published! I hope this is the start of something big for you both!

CathyK said...

Congratulations!!! Your projects are adorable. I look forward to the book!!!!!

Rosa said...

Congratulations.Your project is beautiful!

Gigi's Thimble said...

Congratulations girls! That's so exciting!!!

Amber

Terry@ a quilting blog said...

Congratulations!! What fun projects!!!

Karen Pior said...

Congratulations. What an honour and how exciting. The projects are different and suit the theme of the book wonderfully. Cheers, Karen

Cherie said...

Congratulations on the book! I saw a sneak on Rebecca's blog and fell in love with the apron on the front cover! =D

Michele said...

Very cool. I can't wait until it hits the stores so that I can check it out.

Elaine said...

See, it pays to DREAM BIG!! Hip,Hip Hooray!! You're an inspiration!!

Sarah Craig said...

Congratulations! Moda really did it right when they contacted you both!!!

Nicole said...

Congratulations! It looks like a fantastic book!

Barb N said...

What fun you guys must have had! Your projects are so unique - lots of talent in your family for sure. Congratulations - I know how difficult it is to keep secrets but this was worth it!

Helen said...

When I had seen photos previously of projects in this book, it was the letterbox that I caught my eye. I can not wait to get my hands on the book so I can make one for my little girl. Thank you so much for your gorgeous designs!

Jodi - usairdoll said...

Congratulations! How exciting and sounds like you both had an extra fun secret sewing getaway. hehe. Beautiful projects and tons of Success to you both!!

Zuzan said...

What fun projects. Congratulations.

nelda said...

Congratulations!!! I looove your mailbox. And that apron on the book cover is delicious; the fabric reminds me of the first quilt my grandmother made for me in the 70's.

Lynne said...

Congratulations, that is big news indeed!