Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, July 2, 2012

Block of the Month: July


July's Block of the Month
Theme:  Rounded 

Today Heather and I are sharing blocks from our  Block of the Month series...you can still most definitely participate, but if not you can still like our blocks! :) 

Here is what Heather and I came up with:

Megan's Block
12" x 12"
The Broken Wheel Page 55
Fabric: Backyard Baby from Michael Miller


Love those birch trees, such a great print!

My apologies for the night/flash photos, of course Heather reminded me today that we're supposed to have our blocks done, so I didn't work on this until the boys were in bed! 


And my blocks all together.  I know it is kind of hard to tell them apart, I didn't have the time, space or patience to get a better shot!!  There are five total, 4 laying in a square without overlapping and this month's block on the very top.


If you want to see the blocks we did each month just GO HERE and we've got it nicely linked for you to see :)

Heather's Block
12" x 12"
Cheyenne Page 64
Fabric: Ooh La La from Michael Miller


LOVE this block.  This would be a super fantastical quilt in my opinion.  In fact, this was the block I planned to do, even after I realized that Heather was making it.  But when I got out my other blocks I realized it looks too similar to my April Block.


Aren't hers looking awesome?? I hope she's planning on giving me this quilt when she's done :)  Love the reds, pops of color...it is going to be a really cool sampler quilt!  


And I have to tell you I love practicing these new skills each month and the accountability...  I don't think I'd be motivated enough on my own to keep this up.  And there is no way that it is too late to join us...so just do it!  Then next March you can have a fabulous quilt top ready!


The block theme for August is fussy-cut.

For those of you wondering, fussy-cut means to cut out a specific portion of the fabric to get the exact print you want.  For me in the Backyard Baby fabric line there are lots of cute little critters and trees that I'll specifically cut out and focus my block around.

We are using the book 501 Rotary-Cut Blocks for a lot of our blocks in this series.   As well as linking up your blocks today you can also add them to our flickr group. 

Time to link up your blocks!  Go HERE to link and to see others blocks!


Photobucket

5 comments:

Lynne said...

Just in case you are wondering what has been going on with all the comments, I have spent this evening reading all the posts from 1 March forward! I'm up to date now!

Books_Bound said...

I love Backyard Baby! I just finished a quilt top with it this weekend! Those little jars are irresistible, and I hate bugs and snakes in real life. :)

Cherie said...

Wow I missed June...I didn't even see that it was flying geese and I have a printed list...Looks like I have some catching up to do =D

Claire Jain said...

Wow! I'm overwhelmed by block awesomeness. These are beautiful!

Turid said...

Beautiful blocks! Last month I had so little time, and made Megan's block. Tomorrow I'll start the rounded block, and think of a different. Happy to follow you.